Chapter 7

I gave a look to Kathryn and went into a room with Darren. He was walking reluctantly toward the door and I was walking behind him. The room was small and tidy with 3 small couches. I sat in one of them while Darren sat on the one opposite from mine. I looked at him waiting till he said something but nothing came.

"So... are you gonna start?" I asked him

"Kid" he started saying drowsily "just accept the fact that you WILL die."

"So why didn't you die?" I asked, the anger building up inside of me.

"I know how to play my enemies. Something you don't know how to do."

"Then teach me!" I yelled at him.

"It's not something you teach. it's something you learn" said Darren

I think that was the only thing he said that made sense. I could totally know that he was high right now which made me want to throw an axe in his face but I couldn't.

"Okay then. Any other worthy information you could give me as my mentor?!"

"You're on your own, kid. Die happily. I'll be watching and laughing." Darren responded.

"DAMN YOU!" I yelled as I slammed the door behind me.

==========================

I sat on my bed thinking about Darren's word while I waited Timeron to be done mentoring Kathryn. Would I really die that fast in the Hunger Games? Am I just going to be another dead tribute's face in the sky? I kept thinking to myself until I heard A door opem and close and some footsteps. I stood up and went where Kathryn and Timeron were. They were done with the mentoring and it was my time to go with Timeron.

I went into the room with Timeron. I hope he could actually teach me something. I closed the door behind us and sat in a couch. The room was exactly the same as the other one.

"Hello Trevor"

"Hi Timeron. How are you?"

"I'm decently fine. How do you do"

"How do I do what?" I asked confused

"Its definition is how are you" he said annoyed.

"Oh, I'm fine."

"So let's start, when you are located at the Cornucopia, and the initial cannon goes off, you will run into the Cornucopia with all your speed and grasp a bagpack and the most weapons you can get. It will be better if you can grab an axe. If you don't grab a bagpack or weapons, sooner or later you will die. Remember to build shelter..."

He kept talking about shelter and hunting and all that basic stuff until he checked his watch and the hour was over.

I stayed in the room while Timeron went to look for Darren and Kathryn. When Kathryn came in, her eyes were red and her face puffy like she had just been crying a lot and that's when I realuzed that Darren must have told Kathryn the same thing he told me. That's when the walls inside of me came tumbling down!

"Look you son if a bitch! Go fuck someone your own size!" I yelled at him and ran towards him and was about to punch him when Timeron came behind me and did something with my arm and I ended up on the ground somehow.

I guess I see how he won his Games.

I grit my teeth and looked over at Kathryn who was watching at the whole scene horrified.

"Trevor! Sit down and stay calm!" Timeron yelled at me.

I did as I was told and sat down looking away. I bit the insides of my cheeks to keep myself from crying because of the frustration I was feeling at that moment. If we were in the Hunger Games I would have already killed Darren. Darren sat down like nothing had happened. Darren didnt say anything of importance, to me nothing he said was of importance soooo.... Timeron basically said the same thing he told me. The hour was over and I left the room first. I waited for Kathryn to come to talk to her. Kathryn finally came and I asked her if I could tak to her.

"I'm sorry if I scared you by lashing out at Darren. I was just mad because he made you cry and he offended me!"

Kathryn started to cry again.

"I- I'm sorry to sc-scare you! Th- thank you though! Its just that he s-said th-that..." Kathryn stuttered

"He said what?!" I questioned.

"Th-that he would m-make sure that I died in the Hunger Games"

--------------------()----------------------

I'm sorry that I took SO long to write. I have been busy with school so if I take long, I'm sorry. Thank youu for readingg 👍📚