Chapter 5

I can't say I was surprised because this is what happens every year. I hope there would me something unique in my outfil. Not like all years that the tributes ended up being plain and boring trees. I had to get undressed so they could start shaving my body and all that. I felt very uncomfortable leaving a lot of strangers see me naked and touch my body. When they applied a type of wax to my face and i felt a huge pain and then washed it off,

I asked "What is that for?"

"It's so you wont have any facial hair for the next few weeks so a beard won't grow during the Hunger Games" answered Rolux.

"Oh" was my response

A just stood there for wht seemed 5 hours. They shaved me and put different costumes on and off, on and off. My legs were killing me. Finally, they put a final costume on me and Peltia let out a small gasp. Condilia gave a little clap. Kierra made a few final arrangements to the costume and backed away. She examined every part of me.

Then she just walked back and said with a smile "We are done"

I walked over to a mirror and watched my costume seriously. I just look like another ones of the tributes. Another damn tree. Do these people have any original ideas?

"Since this is a very special year because it's the first Quarter Quell, we decided to add a little 'special effect' to your costume. Press the button in your left sleeve." Kierra told me

I did as I was told. Immediately a bunch of flames lit up in my costume until my whole body was covered in flames. I opemed my mouth in astonishment.

"A tree that never burns" said Kierra with a grin. Obviously feeling proud of herself.

"It's very cool" I responded

"Indeed it is" said Condilia staring into the flames as if they were an eye magnet.

"Come with me. The chariot rides will start at any second!" Announced Kierra.

---------------------()--------------------

This is a short chapter while the Hunger Games start ( in a few chapters). If you have any suggestions about the arena or anything just comment your ideas! Thank you !! :)