40

"Do you mean to wish me a good morning or do you mean it is a good morning whether I want it or not?" I giggled as Bucky made his voice deeper when he was reading the part of Gandalf. Since he was going to be able to spend more time with me, he had decided to read the Hobbit to me.

"Papa you're silly." I said through my laughter. Bucky smiled at me and kissed my forehead as he tucked the blankets on the bed around me. We were still in Wakanda so Shuri could make sure we were OK after the procedure, but I'd overheard her and Bucky talking about staying here for a little longer, but I didn't know if that was true.

"You still love me though!" he teased as I snuggled into his side. I nodded with a small smile and listened as he continued to read, not wanting to miss anything he said.

"One more chapter! Please?" Bucky chuckled softly as he marked the page and set the book on the nightstand.

"Come on Cecilia, it's time for bed." he protested "There's something I need to talk to you about tomorrow."

"You can tell me now." I said brightly "I'm awake!" Bucky shook his head in amusement as I sat up. He watched me sadly and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Always so happy." he said quietly "I promise I'll tell you in the morning after you've had a good night's sleep. OK Doll?"

"OK." I mumbled, flopping back down on the bed. Bucky laid down beside me and hugged me lightly as I cuddled against him.

"Sweet dreams Doll." he whispered "I need you to know that I love you, no matter what."

"I love you too Papa, no matter what."

The Next Morning

"Stay here... forever?"

"Yeah." Bucky said sheepishly "I've been thinking about it though, maybe it'd be better if you went back to the states and stayed with Steve for a while." The words hit me like a punch to the stomach and tears immediately sprang to my eyes. Bucky's face fell and he immediately knelt down to place his hands on my arms to hold me steady. "Doll, please don't cry." he begged "I just need to keep you safe."

"You promised you would never leave again." I cried, trying to break out of his grasp "You promised!" Bucky was avoiding my gaze, but he maintained his grip on my arms.

"Cecilia, this is the safest option." he insisted.

"No one can even get into Wakanda!" I protested "No one knows where we are or if we're even alive! Who could hurt me?"

I could!" Bucky snapped. I faltered as he hung his head and let me go. "Shuri's not so sure that I'm a hundred percent, so I'm going out somewhere I can't hurt anyone. That includes you."

"Papa please don't send me back!" I sobbed "I don't wanna go!" I buried my head into his chest and he tentatively wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry Doll. I'm sorry."

Bucky's POV

"Why would you break that precious little child?" Shuri demanded, glaring at me as I walked into the lab. I had managed to get Cecilia to take a nap after our argument while I talked to Shuri.

"It's the best option for her." I said through gritted teeth.

"NO IT ISN'T!" she shrieked "It's not the best option for her, it's not the best option for you, and it isn't the best option for me because all my assistants were watching the fight on security footage and now they're crying so much that they can't work!" I sighed heavily and ran a hand through my hair.

"What should I do?" I asked tiredly. Shuri rolled her eyes and stalked over to me.

"I don't recall the cure taking away your daughter's intelligence, so why did it take away your's?!" she snarled "Here's what you do, you let Cecilia stay with you because she's your daughter and she loves you! You're not going to hurt her! I said that I didn't know if you were a hundred percent, that doesn't mean you're at zero percent." I rested my head in my hands as I tried to think through everything.

"Can you promise me she'll be OK if she stays with me?" I questioned.

"I can promise you she won't be OK if she doesn't."

Cecilia's POV

"Hey Kiddo."

"Go away." I whimpered from my spot under the covers "You don't want me." I felt the bed dip under Bucky's weight as he sat down. I was still hidden under the covers and had no plan on coming out soon.

"Doll, don't ever think that!" he said softly "I do want you. You're my kid and I will always want you by me. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."

"Lot of good that does, you're still sending me back to the states." I muttered.

"Not according to Shuri I'm not." I froze and waited for him to continue. "She seems to think it would be better for everyone if you were with me."

"Really?" I whispered.

"Really." Slowly, I peeked my head out from under the blankets to see Bucky smiling at me. "There she is." he whispered happily. I sat up and let Bucky pull me into a tight hug. "Can you forgive me for breaking a pinky promise?" He asked softly. I nodded and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck.

"Of course. I love you Papa."

"I love you too Doll."