CHapter 7 : A girl should never be without clothes.

CHAPTER 7 : AUDREY’S POV 

Mason and I sat at a table facing one another, the dead lily laid on the table between us. Mason’s parents had gone to work and we were all alone, attempting to replicated what I had done this morning. We had finished our pancakes quickly, and after a short discussion, decided there was no way to analyze what happened so why not try to replicate it. Unfortunately for us, we were having no luck. 

“Maybe we’re crazy.” 

Mason looked puzzled. 

“We can’t be. We both saw what happened and I don’t think we’re both crazy.” 

I huffed and rubbed my temples. 

“What’s the use! It only lasted a minute last time!”

Mason ignored my negativity and kept pushing. 

“What were you thinking about last time? Maybe its not just you touching it.” 

“I wasn’t really thinking. This is hopeless.” 

Mason huffed and looked at the ceiling.

“Come on Audrey work with me. Why don’t we try with you relaxed, since thats when it worked before.” 

I closed my eyes and took three deep breaths. Feeling much more relaxed I picked up the plant and thought about it growing. Since my eyes were closed I had no idea what was happening, but my gut told me to try for a few more seconds. Masons chair scraped across the floor as he jumped up. My eyes flew open, but I saw that nothing had changed. I shot Mason a curious look. 

“It sparked! Not literally it was more like that glow from earlier pulsed through it, but it died out immediately after.” 

“So what, can I occasionally heal plants, and only if I focus really hard.”

“Maybe it just something that you get better at with time. Maybe you just need practice.” 

I thought about it for a minute. That could be true. Maybe thats not all I could do either. That made me pretty excited. I could have super powers! 

“Mason, what if this isn’t all I can do, what if theres other things!” 

Mason looked like he was thinking deeply. 

“What about the pizza. It didn’t bur your tongue, but it killed mine.” 

I thought about that too, I guess it could make sense. 

“Maybe, but I’m not so sure about that one.”

“I hate to bring this up, but you don’t think that this could have anything to do with those creeps. Do you?”

The more I thought about it, the more my mind started drawing connections to everything. I didn’t like it, but it made sense.

“But why before my 18th? And what good does a girl with a green thumb do.” 

“I don’t know, but we must be missing something.” 

We lapsed into to silence as both of us thought hard. 

“I don’t know about you, but this is a lot for one day. What ever I did to that plant was exhausting. Can we just chill for the rest of the day?” 

He nodded his head. 

“Yeah, we’ve got plenty of time to sort this out later. Why don’t we go and get some ice cream?”

“Okay, but lets stop by my house quick, we should grab me some clothes.” 

He nodded and grabbed his keys off the kitchen counter.