five

junhoe's pov

"chaeyoung." i called and she turned to face me and raised an eyebrow. "i want us to talk. please, chaeyoung. i'm being serious right now. tell me anything that's wrong with you." i said. i was getting impatient and scared.

"there's nothing wrong with me junhoe, can't you understand that?" she says before walking away and i just cursed under my breath.

then suddenly, i was pulled inside a room.

"who the fu-"

"be quite." it was a girl's voice. she turned the light on and i furrowed my eyebrows. "who are you?" i asked. "lalisa manoban, i was a time traveller as well." she says. "wha- how'd you know i'm a time traveller as well?" i asked.

"i just know," she says.

"how long have you been here? in the past?" she asked. "about two days," i said and she looked down a bit, remembering something... i guess?

"you only have 6 days left," she said. "huh?" "in time travelling, you can last to 8 days only," she said. "but how long-"

"i lasted 9 days long. and now, i'm stuck here forever." she said and i raised an eyebrow. "it's been 4 years already actually. i should be 21 now, but i'm stuck being 17, i guess." she said.

"wait so- i'm confused. you took a day late, so you're stuck?" i asked and she nodded. "if you last longer than a second here, you'll be stuck here forever without aging. this will be the only day i can talk to you, don't forget what i told you, koo junhoe." she said.

"how'd you know my name?" i asked. "again, i just know." she said and smiled before walking out the door. "wai- wait!" i shouted as i followed her, but i was surprised by jinhwan hyung, "june!" he shouted.

"wait hyung, i'm following someone." i said and he raised an eyebrow. "who?" he asked. "a girl with a blonde hair," i said and he holds me by the shoulder.

"wait, blonde hair is not allowed in this school. but one didn't follow that rule. what was her name again? oh, lali- wait, is she who you're talking about? lalisa manoban? the one who mysteriously disappeared 2 years ago?" he asked.

"she's just there!" i pointed and he turned to see what i was pointing at. "where? there's no one there." he said and i saw her smile at me before disappearing completely. "there's seriously something going on with you junhoe. lalisa manoban has been confirmed dead." he said.

"was she?" i asked. "no, but they said she could be dead, 'cause she's been gone for months and her parents gave up on looking for her." he said and remembered what she said.

she's stuck in the past forever.

if i'll be here longer than 8 days, even a second, i'll be the same as her, i'll be stuck here forever and never to be seen again.