CHAPTER 20 - ANGELO

There was calm before a storm

Angelina stood across from me ready to pounce. Sweat glistened on her skin, making the brown hair that has escaped from her pony tail stick to her face.

She lunged and threw a high kick at my face which I blocked with my hand, grabbing her leg, I threw her to the ground. She growled at me and stood, her eyes a midnight blue before she tried again. I smiled once she landed a punch at my jaw.

"Not bad." She giggled and bounced in her spot.

"Now, can we stop? I wanna go to the mall." I shook my head at her and rubbed her head and she kissed my cheek.

"You can't keep cutting your training short, Angie." I told her and she pouted.

"But we've been going for hours!" She was being so adorable and I shook my head knowing I had to be serious with her.

"It was only 2 hours, wolf training is longer than that and you know it." I told her and she huffed. "I don't want you to end up in a situation where you can't defend yourself long enough for help to get to you, okay? So your going to need to make up for the time you skip. Do you understand?" I said in my most serious tone ever and she swallowed and gave a nod.

"Yes, I will train tonight, to 4 hours. I promise." She nodded eagerly and I raised a brow at her.

"I will hold you to that." I told her and she grinned before skipping off to the pack house probably to shower and go hang out with her friends at the mall.

I lurched forward unexpectedly as a body collided with mine. Legs wrapped around my waist and sparks invaded my senses and a kiss was placed just below my ear.

"You know, one day your going to have to yell at her." He chuckled into my ear and I smiled.

"Yeah, well, today is not that day." I grinned and hocked my arms under his legs to better support his waist.

"Well, when it comes you best be ready." I lead us into the pack house and I set him on the couch where he got comfortable and I headed up to take a shower. I took it quickly before I got dresses so I could join my mate to watch TV.

I saw Maddison and Matthew watching TV together, laughing easily although she was still awkward. It was still progress.

I joined them, wrapping an arm around Matthew. Kai was back at his and had promised to visit again in three days. Judging by Madison's sad smile, I could tell she missed him deeply.

When her phone rang, her eyes had grown wide and she had stood quickly, answering in her most pleasant tone and I chuckled bringing Matthew closer.

The boy was being so very naughty now that we were alone. His hand trailed up my inner thigh through my shorts and my nose flared as I looked down at his head of growing hair. He had found my cock and he was teasing me. I hadn't worn any boxers, just my short khaki pants.

"What are you doing?" He looked up at me innocently.

"Touching what's mine." He said boldly and I blanched. Somehow, it was so hot, the way he would innocently deadpan his actions. I growled at him as I began to harden. I sniffed and the scent of his musky arousal made me narrow my eyes at him.

"Looks like I'm going to have to take you again." I growled and leaned down to capture his lips in a kiss. It was brief, and it made me want more but he had pulled away from me before standing up. He gave me his bedroom eyes before he ran for the stairs.

Wrong move. My wolf growled at me, pawing at my conscious and I took off in a run, ready to capture my mate and pound him into tomorrow.

I followed his cute giggles and growled at his scent trailing all over, my excitement for what would meet me once I got to our room was cut short when a conversation caught my attention.

"We can't relax, there are so many things to consider..." I heard my dad say with a sigh.

"Like what?" Papa asked.

"Mason, he's now part wolf and part demon. You can't tell me there isn't danger to that." Dad began. "Who knows what he could do... He's a completely new species."

"I think your taking things too far..." Papa sighed. "There are plenty of hybrids out there."

"Yes, but this is the first time a demon werewolf has come up....especially from the DraLuca blood line." There was a pause.

"What does your blood line have to do with it?"

"A lot, Mason. My family is ancient and the demon who started our line is not ordinary..." Dad sounded worried as he broke into a whisper. I felt myself go cold at this encounter. "There are things even I don't know about my family, things that are legends too."

"Where are you going with this?"

"The heir to the DraLuca line..." Dad sighed. "He took the same shape that Matthew took when he shifted."

I recalled how he had looked like a wolf at first and how the wisps of black curled around him. Looking back, it seemed more like he had no fur, or even an actual body, like he was more black air that flowed into the shape of a wolf.

"He was...dark..." My dad said and I felt myself strain to catch his every word. "And he had this weird connection..."

"Connection?" Papa asked and growled. "What connection?" My dad sighed and I heard shuffling.

"I don't know really but...he was the only one in the family who could open this door back home... A vault that, till this day I'm still not sure has what behind it." I felt my heart rate pick up. "All I know was that it has something to do with hell."