chapter 05;

chapter 05;- ocean eyes;

chapter 05;
- ocean eyes;

BEING ALONE WAS LIKE AN ENDLESS NIGHT. Stars may shine, but you never see full light again. Maybe you felt alright some hours, even days or weeks. Some could even deal with loneliness for months and years. But there will come the point, in which you can't take it any longer. A human was a social living. We were born to interact with others, making friends, being in a group. That's how the first humans on earth could survive. They've hunt together, lived together and fought together. Of course, you didn't really need anyone to survive anymore. You don't have to fight against any wild animals or hunt for your food. But the instinct of wanting to have a connection with someone, is still there.

A little cry escaped his throat, as he found himself in this endless night. It was dark, and he could barely see anything. His heart beat loud against his chest, which was the only sound, he was able to hear. Fear crawled up his back, reaching out its' claw to his heart and soul. Fear could sometimes be even more dangerous than the actual danger.
Shaking, he took a step forward. The ground crunched under his boot, and it made him jump a little. Where was he? Was this his path? The path, Fox has wanted to show him? Will he die in an illusion, or was this reality? Maybe neither of them, or both. He could be trapped in an illusion, which was his reality. His own. The one, he has created.

"Fox?", he asked in the dark. No answer. He slung his arms around the skinny body of his. Normally, he didn't freeze, his body temperature was around 104 Fahrenheit, but now, he didn't even feel like he had 96. Shaking, he started to walk. He didn't know, where this path will lead him, but he also knew, he shouldn't just stay and wait. His heart pounded fast in his chest, almost burning at every step, he was taking.

"Fox, where am I?", Bleiz almost shouted in the dark, wrapping his arms stronger around himself. Just keep moving. Like he always did, when he felt alone. "It's important to find yourself, Bleiz." Out of nowhere, Bleiz could suddenly hear the familiar voice of the old man, so he stopped and looked around. "What?", the boy asked, his eyes trying to identify something in the darkness.
"Blue eyes, like the ocean. But your way will be rough. For both of you."

A frustrating groan escaped his throat. "Why can't old men speak in normal, and easy understandable sentences? Not even for once?", he asked himself, before he continued his way. "How can I get out of her?", he hissed, eyes wandering through the blackness around. For some seconds, he blinked. Has his imagination just played a trick, or has he seen something, not even some seconds before?
Once, he has read, that loneliness could cause paranoia and hallucination. Especially, when the human's body was surrounded by complete darkness. Light has always meant something good and great. Just like fire meant safety to the humans. These two elements kept most of the danger away. No predator would come any close to a place, where it was burning. Fire meant life for humans, but death for animals. Humans have hunted them with torches.

But why was he then so afraid of fire? Was he more an animal, than a man? Maybe, his destiny will be the same one like from the cursed shape-shifters.
It was rare, but some of his kind didn't respect the cultures or the simple rules, they had. "The five rules, do you remember them, Bleiz?" The voice of Fox was sharp and loud, almost ringing in his ears. "Of course, I do. Rule one, never harm another shape-shifters soulmate. When the soulmate dies, a part of the imprinter will also die. Two, respect older people. They've experienced far more than you will ever do. Three, don't murder anybody when you can control yourself. You cause enough mess when you're in the animal form. Four, don't do drugs, or drink alcohol until you can't control yourself anymore. Drugs have even more negative effects to us, as with humans. And five ..." He blinked several times. What was number five?