Chapter 1

The interior of the plane had a warm touch to it. It was spacious enough, plus one had space for his feet to move around.
Gabe scanned the seats, there was no empty seat..
He was about to go to the next compartment, when he saw an empty seat - He assumed it was empty.
The occupant was with ear plugs and shades.

Gabe made his way there.

The seat was definitely empty.

He calmly took a seat.

The guy sitting at the window side, took his ear plug and sunshade off.

Yup ! It was definitely Short Cake. Gabe thought .

" Someone was here before you " Mason said curtly.

Gabe pretended he didn't hear him.

He closed his eyes and leaned backwards in relaxation.
In frustration ,Mason reached forward ,trying to tug at Gabe's sleeve.
With a reflex as quick as lightning- he grabbed Mason's wrist.

His grip was like an iron fist holding a plastic doll.

Gabe opened his eyes ,smirking.

Mason was grimacing in pain...
" Ow ! Ow! Ow ! That hurts.... I wasn't trying anything."

Gabe released his wrist.
Mason started complaining ;
" You've got a grip on you. Almost ripped my wrist from its hinge hinge bone.... God ! I've got bruises in my first day of college." He put his arms up, in a dramatic gesture.

Gabe was amused by this boy.
His antics ,dramatic flair and sassy personality made him stand out from the rest.
Mason was the only person he's met who doesn't look flustered by his good looks.
He shook his head and waited for the plane to depart.

When he heard it.....
So Short Cake is going to college..
Would it be a coincidence that he'll be attending King's College.

Subtleness wasn't in his nature but he'll have to use Mason as key to fit in.

If he attends Kings College...
He deadpanned .

He cleared his throat.

" You're off to college , huh " He started.

Mason looked up from the Health Magazine he was reading.
He eyeballed him, and gave him a WTF look.

" Oh ! So Mr Dark and mysterious speaks. Hmm , I'll have to get used to that". He shrugged nonchalantly.

Gabe resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

He ignored Mason's comment.
" I was wondering - which school you would be attending , because; am heading off to college, in a scholarship" He winced internally.
He was a professional fibber ,but he felt strange lying to Mason- a perfect stranger ,without batting an eye.

The plane roared to life.

A voice over the intercom ,announced their departure from Philadelphia to Massachusetts.

Mason snickered.

" You ? Going to college ? Aren't you like 30 or something." Mason grinned. The dark interior of the plane giving his blue eyes an electric - blue effect.

Mason clasped his hand to his mouth,to stop himself from laughing out loud.

" Am sorry that was rude. No offence but you don't look like a college guy. You look more like a business man." Mason stared him straight in the eyes.

"None taken. I just wanna have a degree in my course , to make up my CV" He said slowly.

More lies...

"Well, to answer your question: Yes , I'll be attending Kings College,as a medical student. " He said after debating within himself.

Gabe nodded.

"That's my school too." Gabe tried to put more enthusiasm behind his words.

"Cool, what's your course ?" He turned away from the window.

"Law."
That wasn't an entire lie. But unfortunately that's the exact opposite of his job.
He's been bent on revenge after his parents cold murder....
Boss had promised to help him avenge.

" Suits you. "

After a few minutes of comfortable silence.
" I don't even know your name" Mason inquired.

Right.

"Am Cole."

A/N : Vote and comment. Update coming soon.