book 1: backstory, plans, and action

What's there to do?

Moonbyul sat in her throne within an enormous space with a large fire pit in the middle. She was staring directly into the fire as her fingers fidgets a coin. This was how she spend her day to day, staring into a flame where she could spy on the world of living and the world in the sky.

-

Perhaps, we should start from the beginning...

-

Long ago, the world was led by the titans. Specifically, Cronus, a power hungry titan king. After he had heard from Gaia – the mother earth goddess – that he was going to be over thrown by his own son, he consumed all of his kids that were birthed by his wife Rhea. Who were his kids? Demeter, Hestia, Hera, Hades, and Poseidon.

When Rhea had enough of Cronus' ludicrous actions, she managed to fool him when she gave birth to their last child - Zeus. That's when the tables had turned and prophecy came true. Zeus killed Cronus and freed all of his brothers and sisters.

Because Zeus was the most powerful one, the person who freed all of his siblings, he was announced as the god of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, and justice. While Poseidon claimed the sea, earth, and horses, the oldest– Hades – was asked to rule the underworld by Zeus. Hades was never the one to complain, thus everything was decided. (Demeter: Goddess of the Harvest; Hestia: Goddess of the Hearth and Architecture; Hera: Goddess of Marriage and Family)

As time went by, Zeus and Poseidon were able to travel freely between their ruled realm and to earth to fuck their flings, Hades was kept in the underworld. Hades was the King of the Dead, ruler of underworld, thus the presence of someone like that was not welcomed by mortals nor the gods.

After all these centuries had passed, all the gods and goddesses had taken a different name. Zeus was a handsome and charismatic man named Seokjin, or just Jin. Poseidon was a poise man named Jaehwan, some people called him Ken. Hades took form of a girl named Moonbyul. Demeter was renamed to Hani, Hestia called herself Irene, and Hera who was married to Zeus was now called Sooyoung, or Joy for short.

Even though Jin was married to Joy, the most jealous and spiteful goddess, he was still going around leaving his mark in mortal women and other minor goddesses. All of his action were witnessed by Moonbyul. She had eyes everywhere, she was able to see anyone at any time from her burning flame. She was envious, but she didn't say a word all these years.

At one regular gather between Jin, Ken, and Byul on Mount Olympus, Jin was complaining about his love life, as usual.

"Joy has me in the dog house again." Jin said as he drank almost a whole bottle of wine.

Ken put his hand on the younger male's shoulder before laughing, "who did she catch you fucking again huh? Some nymph down by the river?" Moonbyul chuckled as she watched her brothers laugh and joke around.

"I really have no idea how she would know. I tried so hard covering my tracks. Fuck." The god of thunder yelled and ruffled his blonde hair, causing a loud roar going down from the clouds. He turned his attention to Moonbyul and then slipped a hand on her shoulder, "say, how is it going down in the underworld? Any hotties?"

Moonbyul furrowed her brows before pushing her brother's hand off of her shoulder. "Yes, many hotties. Especially your past lovers that Joy had killed. That reminds me, Jimin says hi." The girl teased before finishing her drink.

"Hey, I'm just wondering. I have never heard you talk about anyone significant in your life. If you ever want anyone, just let me know, I'll help you out." Jin chuckled before ruffling his hand against Byul's hair. Sometimes that man completely forget that Byul was actually the oldest.