Something to Live For

Angst?
Started: 03-01-19
Finished: 03-04-19
Published: 03-04-19
~~~

"If you can't see yourself in the future, just take my hand..."

Nothing...

For me, there was nothing left.

There was no one left.

My family? They're dead. They died in a car accident a few months ago.

I was now an orphan.

However, I was lucky enough to be accepted into a prestigious school because of a literature scholarship. Before my parents died, and when I was still able to attend school, I was extremely interested in literature, reading and writing both.

My friends? Funny. It seems my social life in general depleted, and what's left are fragments of what used to be a strong bond, but now there were just pieces of broken glass on the floor and I was too tired to pick them up again.

My love life? Don't have one. Sure, I've had crushes, but rejection and secrecy were usually how they ended up. Not once did someone return their feelings for me.

I didn't even know what went wrong, but I've bothered myself too much by racking my brain for answers because for some reason, the only answer I'd get is myself.

I'm what's wrong.

These thoughts flooded my mind as I looked at the water below me. The slight ripples and small waves were tugging each other, almost as if they were fighting.

I leaned closer towards the edge of the cliff, I felt good; I was doing everyone a favor, and I was convinced that it benefited myself as well.

I felt my body being pulled closer to the edge. My arms were outstretched and before I knew it, I was engulfed in water. My senses were dimming and there was a constant ringing in my ears, yet amidst all the numbness, I could here the faintest shout, it sounded almost like someone was calling my name.

Tetsuya...

I remember how my parents called my name. It sounded soft and sweet as it rolled of their tongues.

Tetsuya...

Were they calling me? Was I going to see them soon? I could already picture my house, warm and filled with smiling faces.

Tetsuya, wake up.

Yet the image of my parents disappeared and for a split second, I thought I saw red.

You can't go.

The more I thought about it, the less the voice sounded like my mom and dad. Yet it sounded so real, so close, so familiar.

"Tetsuya, please..."

Then, I heard the wailing sound of an ambulance far off in the distance, the sound getting louder with each second. That was when I realized that I was awake. I was alive.

"I love you."

That was also when I realized that I was in the arms of Akashi Seijuro, my crush from middle school who has kept in touch with me for the past years. Akashi Seijuro, captain of Rakuzan High School's Basketball Team who got out of his way to save me. Akashi Seijuro, someone I have adored for so long, who apparently loved me.

With whatever strength I had left, I slowly opened my eyes and shakily lifted up my hand to tug his sleeve. He looked at me frantically. I could see the relief divulge in his eyes, his face twisting from sorrow to one filled with hope. I only looked at him, I could feel myself getting drowsy, but I kept my eyes opened and focused on his face. His cat-like eyes that looked at me like I was the only thing that mattered to him at the moment. The tears on his face that were shed because of me. His lips that were crinkled underneath his teeth as he sobbed, pulling me closer to his chest.

It was strange. Akashi-kun was always composed. He acted in ways that made me forget he was human, but he was only so much, I realized that, and so I hugged him back, and whispered into his ear,

"It's okay. I'll be okay."

I kept muttering those words over and over again. The house I pictured in my head came back, but my parents weren't there. Instead, I saw myself and Akashi-kun reading books, drinking coffee, and laughing with each other. I closed my eyes, but before I drifted to sleep, I muttered,

"Thank you Akashi-kun."

I tilted my head, kissed his cheek, and smiled.

"Thank you for giving me something to live for."

"I'll be sure to guide you there."

~~~
Here's a short something. Idk if this is angst or fluff, but eh.

Hopefully you had some fun while reading this.

~Author (._.)