Alone

"Don't long for what they've taken with them."

"Akashi-kun, do you regret it?" he asked, breaking the silence that formed over us as we watched the wind sweep daisy petals off the ground.

"Regret what?" I replied, well, questioned, still gazing over the grass patches that we sat on. My fingers grazed the tips of a daisy as I waited for his reply.

"Do you regret it?" He asked again. This time I looked at him; at his blue eyes that were miserably staring into mine, at his pale face that was etched on with a tiny frown, at his slender fingers that were slowly inching towards my own, but stopped right before our hands touched, as if waiting for me to make a move, yet I didn't.

"I'm not exactly sure..." I trailed off in a quite, listless voice, my attention back to the grassy hills.

"This is where we had our first date, remember?" He seemed to smile as he spoke about our past, but that was just about it: the past. Nothing more, nothing further. Everything stopped there: our times spent together, our relationship, our emotions, yet I can't seem to forget about any of it. I suppose that's what I didn't like about the past; it didn't change, it didn't continue, but the memories stayed with you.

"Akashi-kun," he spoke again, breaking the silence once more. This time he grabbed my hand and laced my fingers with his. His grip was tight, unlike mine; loose, almost as if they were broken threads. I didn't mind how awkward it looked, or maybe I did. Perhaps I still felt some kind of emotion, perhaps I still had some form of longing, perhaps I still wanted to be togeth—

No, that wasn't right. I couldn't think like that. I wasn't allowed to.

"You can be selfish, you know," he said, grabbing my other hand and leaning towards me with a soft smile on his face.

"I'll come back to you," he lied with such a beautiful voice, I almost believed it.

"No, you can't," I finally met his eyes and smiled. Not of happiness, but more of loss and longing. That smile that played on my lips as I watched him disappear right in front of me; as if he was just an illusion, a beautiful, fleeting daydream.

Well, I suppose that's what he was; A ghost, a silhouette of him that haunted my mind.

He was already gone. He had... No, I had left and was painfully trying to continue our past which has long diminished into nothing but lovely, cruel, haunting memories that I knew I could never let go of.

He was gone...

Gone.

"He's gone," I whispered in remorse as I finally realized that he would never come back. That we could never return to the past. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I gripped the grass beneath me tightly, my nails digging into my palms. I looked up to the bright sky, a blue that reminded me so much of him, and reached my hand out to it, letting it fall in defeat as my fingertips touched nothing but the cold, harsh wind.

"Cherish what they've left behind."

~~~
Hello.

Actually, this is more of goodbye. This is the last one-shot.

Yup, as of June 3, 2019 this book has finally ended. It's been fun, sorry for making you guys wait so much with updates and the like. Thank you for reading these stories full of cringe. I'd also like to thank those of you who have not dropped my book and have stayed with me to the end. I deeply appreciate it.

Thank you very much

from your shitty author,
1LIKEF00D