eleven.

The ballroom was swarmed with people when the two walked in.

Harry was still attached to the girl, linked together by the arm. They were noticed by everyone, but like it would be easy to go unseen when you're the Prince of England and it was your birthday ball. She kept her head down as he guided her to wherever.

"Would you like something to drink?" He softly asked her, speaking a bit quieter over the classical music flowing through the vast area. The orchestra played in the back by the long, stunning windows overlooking the garden they just came from. Leah wondered if perhaps anyone saw her and Harry out there.

"Oh, um yes, please. Just..white wine," she said, thinking of the first drink that came to mind. The peasant had never tasted anything consisting of alcohol, so asking for a specific name gave her a moments trouble.

He nodded and then she watched as he simply eyed down a butler striding past with a tray of hors d'oeuvres. Harry raised his hand, flagging the older man over. The butler skimmed over from his previous stance until they were face to face. He looked beyond intimidated. And rightfully so. The Prince may have been a genuinely kind man, but his family name sure gave outsiders goosebumps on their flesh.

"I'd like a red Bordeaux and the lady would like white Sancerre," Harry requested, talking slow so he wouldn't forget. However, the butler would be damned if he forgot the prince's drink orders.

"Yes, your highness."

The man briskly headed off to the bar without another word. Harry seemed to hold his breath until he was out of ear shot and then sighed.

While waiting, Leah intently observed the scene, absorbing everything around her. From the table placements, to the orchestra delicately bouncing their bows against the bridge of their instrument, while beautifully thrumming their fingers up at the neck to perform the prestigious notes.

She noted that the castle gave off a Gothic feel, coated with luscious, red carpets and white wallpaper all round. Although the dark demeanour of the massive land, inside and outside, was hair spiking in fright, it still happened to feel a little "home-y" with the personal touches you could spot.

There were multiples of the chandeliers glimmering with candles, the pieces lining the tall ceiling. The beauty astounded the inexperienced peasant.

Distracted by her scavenging, Leah wasn't aware that the clean-cut butler had returned with a special tray holding the two drinks of contrast colors.

"White for you," Prince Harry nodded, handing her the tall glass from the tray, "and red for me."

The servant skidded off when the curly haired lad laid his eyes on him for a linger too long. Leah hesitated before taking a sip of the rich wine. The nineteen year old tasted alcohol for the first time that night. It left a burning feeling in her throat and she settled on consuming littler sips.

Prince Harry was in the midst of his own drink when a light palm caressed his shoulder. He shot his head to Leah, but she was too busy lovingly staring at the orchestra to be the owner of the hand. His body twisted around, bringing Leah with him as they set their eyes upon Poppy Carmichael. Her blonde hair was pinned up into some sort of wrapped around braid. Her dress was simple yet elegant, with a deep drop at her chest.

"What a lovely gathering," she praised, retaining her hand on his shoulder. Leah was confused at the more than comfortable woman and Harry scowled at her.

"Thank you," he tightly responded. Harry did his best to discretely tug the peasant's body even closer to his. He leaned towards her, resting his weight on one leg.