2: A Strange Presence

•••

"Wake up Marinette! You're going to be late. It's 7:15 already!"

Marinette jerked awake and fumbled with her bedsheets. Running around frantically, she tried to get ready while muttering the infamous 'I'm late, I'm late, oh no I'm so late!'

"I won't even say 'I told you so'", Tikki sighed as she watched her holder try to stuff her assignments in her bag while at the same time trying to brush her hair.

"Well, here is a suggestion then, don't.", Marinette retorted.

Tikki just rolled her eyes as she then proceeded to fly into the purse. Marinette ran down the stairs and greeted her parents quickly, sneakily shifting some cookies for Tikki in her purse. Bidding the Dupain-Cheng couple a quick farewell, she then ran towards her school, praying that by some miracle she makes it to her class before the first bell rings.

Meanwhile, a mere shadow of a figure watched the running teenager from above, hidden from the world by the thick, entangled branches of a tree.

"So this is her."

———————————-

Tikki, who was sleeping peacefully, jerked awake as she once again felt the eerie and uneasy feeling.

'Oh no, here it is again, and this time, even stronger than before.'

The intent stare burned at the back of Marinette's back too. She quickly turned around, her bluebell eyes searching for the source of this uneasiness.

"Why on earth do I feel like I'm being watched?", she mumbled to no one in particular.

"Hey, Marinette!"

Alya's voice interrupted her train of thought as the brunette put her arm around her best friend.

"You barely made it on time here today!Not that it's something new."

Forgetting all about the uneasiness she felt a minute ago, Marinette laughed alongside her best friend.

"I see you're quite late yourself Alya."

"Oh it's nothing. Overslept. You can say that you're finally rubbing off on me."

Both the girls laughed as they made their way to the class. Mme. Bustier wasn't very pleased but she let it slide.

——————————-

"Oh Marinette, I'm so excited!"

"What for?" , the bluenette asked as she munched in her macaroon.

"You mean to tell me that you haven't read my latest post on Ladyblog yet?"

Marinette had a guilty smile and rubbed the back of her head as Alya shook her head.

"Girl, it's going to be 2 years soon when Ladybug and Chat Noir appeared to protect Paris from Hawkmoth. 2 years since they first defeated Stoneheart. It's their 2 year anniversary!" Alya excitedly squealed the last part.

Marinette froze. "Oh no, I forgot!"She had to have a present for Chat. After all, she wouldn't have had managed to make it this far without him.

"Seriously Marinette, What rock have you been living under?" Alya asked, shaking her head.

"Hey girls!"

Nino and Adrien greeted the two of them as they entered the cafeteria.

"H-Hey Adrien. Nino."

'Ughh not again!' Marinette groaned internally. '2 years and still this stupid stuttering won't go away.'

"So Alya, 2 year anniversary huh?" Nino asked.

"Yep. How do you guys think that the people of Paris would show their gratitude to them on that day? Another statue? Or a special parade like last year?"

"I dunno. Adrien?"

"Um, I think we would have to ask Chloé about that.", he chuckled.

The four of them laughed as they made the most of their free time in lunch break. Soon it was time to continue on with the lessons.

———————————-

"Ughhh I'm exhausted Tikki.", Marinette groaned as she let herself fall on her couch. Quite curious when no reply came, she looked around to see Tikki staring out the window.

"Something wrong?"

They kwami turned around and flew towards her holder. Giving her the widest smile she could, she said;

"No Marinette. Everything is just peachy."

—————————

Update! Update!

So I've decided that I'll be updating this book every Saturday and Tuesday. Sound good?

Q. What do you think Paris should do to honour its two superheroes?

If you liked please use that special power you possess to turn that little star orange and vote on this chapter. Leave your precious comments and share this story. It'll make my day. Or night. Tehe (its 11:58 pm here)

Lots of love
Belle💕