15: Tikki's Outburst

•••

Bridgette left as swiftly as the wind flowing through that one dark evening in Paris, leaving behind a stunned audience.

Adrien shook from the shock, his knees giving out as he fell to the floor, unable to comprehend so much information given to him in so little time.

So many thoughts clouded his mind, not forming anything that made sense. Random instances flashed through, one that consisted of a smiling bluenette, with the most beautiful pair of bluebell eyes he'd ever seen, sporting an adorable pair of pigtails with a ladybug suit and mask. And then the mask disappeared.

"Why?" Was the only thing that he managed to croak our, before letting the tears flow down freely from his eyes, as he remembered finding her unconscious in the park, cold and still.

"Why? Why? Why? Why? WHY?!"

The yells pierced through the night sky, disrupting the quiet that it offered, while a blond boy sobbed at the cruelty of the circumstances.

Tikki too almost gave into tears, witnessing the heart wrenching sight in front of her, but she tried to control herself and mask her emotions.

"..Plagg.." she whispered timidly, her voice betraying the mask she tried to pull off.

The cat kwami sighed, and hovered near them, acting uncharacteristically sombre.

"Let's go to Master Fu. He'll know what to do."

——————————-

Adrien was still a bit unsteady from the shock but somehow, they reached Master Fu's residence. Standing in front of the massage centre, he wondered how he managed to make it till here, given that his knees were still weak and steps were unsteady, his head heavy and the world spinning.

Adrien felt like he was drunk, without ever drinking.

In a matter of seconds after their arrival, Master Fu opened the door, his features concerted in worry.

"Wayzz! Master!" Tikki greeted.

"Come in quick, Adrien. There is not enough time."

The three of them were ushered in, and Adrien took in the surroundings. The place was quaint and peaceful, surrounded with aromatic candles, which gave off a homely and relaxing vibe. Perfect for anyone who wanted to seek peace and quiet.

On the side table of drawers, sat a huge gramophone, and despite it being an ordinary decorative piece, it gave off an extraordinary vibe of importance.

"I suppose that you've already met her."

The Master's words snapped him from his observations and he looked over to the petit old man, worry etched across his face.

"Yes." Plagg answered.

"Wait, you knew about this?" Adrien suddenly found himself asking, his numbness getting replaced by anger. Anger, that he didn't know he had the capability to possess.

"Not exactly." He answered calmly, eyeing the blond model like he knew exactly how he felt.

"Is what she said true?" Tikki asked.

To this, he just nodded and closed his eyes, sighing sadly. Meanwhile, Adrien was having a hard time controlling his anger. His Ladybug, his classmate, and most importantly, his friend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, could be going through hell at this very moment, but he could do nothing about it, and the old man in front of him knew all along.

But he didn't stop it from happening. Not one bit.

"I didn't know that things would turn out this way." He replied calmly, eyeing Adrien tiredly as if he read his thoughts.

"How is it even possible?" Tikki's shrill voice resonated across the room.

"How is it that I don't remember her? How is it that I have no recollections of her? How is it that I feel afraid and wary of her?"

"Why don't I remember?"

Tikki took a deep breath after her sudden outburst, her eyes glistening from the unshed tears. She was looking pointedly at Master, demanding him to giver her answers.

He pulled the bug kwami gently in his hands, and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths.

"Forgive me Tikki, to put you through this. Forgive me, for endangering Marinette...."

"..and above all, forgive me Tikki, for wiping out your memories.."

Plagg broke the silence that ensued afterwards, sending further shocks through his already stunned companions.

"I guess it's finally time for me to tell you the story of The Fallen Ladybug."

———————————

Hallelujah!

Soooo, here is a new chapter for you all.
Finally, about time that this story has reached its main arc.

Question: you don't think that is too slow paced do you?

If you liked it, please vote and comment and share. It'll make my day❤️

Merci beaucoup!
Belle💕