12: Bridgette's Motives

•••

A girl in her blue pyjamas sat in the middle of the street, confused.

"W-What happened?" She asked timidly.

Her gaze soon found the approaching superhero. Finally it all clicked.

"O-Oh no. I was akumatised, wasn't I? I-I didn't harm anyone, did I? Please tell me!"

"It's okay..calm down.."

"Megan."

"Megan." He smiled. "It's not your fault and it never will be. It's Hawkmoth's who used you in your most vulnerable state. It's alright, and you didn't harm anyone. Don't be so hard on yourself."

"I-I'm so sorry. I let anger get the best of me."

"I wanted to meet her s-so bad. But when she didn't show up, I was so angry and upset. I'm so sorry."

Chat gently knelt down and held her shoulders, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Megan, I know how you feel. Ladybug is uh....sick. I'm sure she was looking forward to meet all of you today. But hey, there's always another time, right! It's not like we're going anywhere anytime soon. Besides, you got to meet me instead!"

Megan finally looked up, giggling slightly.

"That's right I did! You're right Chat Noir, I was being stupid. And don't you worry too, I know that she'll be alright in no time!"

——————————————

"You sure took your sweet time.", she said without looking at him.

Chat barely made it to surface, transforming in mid jump. Thankfully, he was able to keep his balance and avoid falling face first off the tower.

She stared straight ahead, looking down at the lit city of Paris.

"This sure brings back memories." She said to no one in particular.

"Who are you?" Adrien asked again.

"I believe that I already told you that."

"Behind the mask."

She slowly turned around, to meet his green eyes which were burning with fury.

"I thought that we're supposed to keep that a secret."

"I really don't want to play your games right now."

"Okay then."

After a moment of silence, she finally spoke up.

"Chat Noir, do you know the civilian identity of the current Ladybug?"

"What does that have to do with my question about you?"

She gave an irritated sigh before speaking again.

"Just answer the question."