Shocking Results

A/N

(Random Quote From My Conversations)

"Depression is like my grades. It's pretty okay at first, but then it nose dives so hard it gets a perfect ten in form and wins the gold medal,"

But here's the chapter. It's a shorter one, maybe 600 words, around there. We only have two more chapters of Heat Haze, and I don't know what to do next. I'll have to think of something. And I do apologize for the guys getting this at around midnight. It's six where I live, so this chapter especially is technically late.

"Two, two, two!" Don chanted to himself as he sat up from his bed. "Two more to go after this...I can't do this," he cupped his face in his hands. It was exhausting to be that close, only to have his life taken from him in a split second. There was something going against him, there clearly was. Duni had something to do with it, everything in his life did. He flopped back onto the bed, just wanting to phase right into it. He didn't even attempt to touch his phone.

"C'mon, Donathan, think, think, think! There's gotta be something I'm missing!" his wrists pushed up his wavy bangs, the pumpkin strands fraying out onto the pillow. There had to be a reason he kept dying, there just HAD to be. What the hell did Duni want with him? If it was to somehow test or punish him, why would he be doing it now and why would he offer him that deal? Nothing made any sense! He could have had an easier life if only Duni wasn't such a giant fuckass. Was there even a common thread? How many times had each person been with him? Was there a secret in how he died? He laid there for a good five minutes, completely lost in thought. There were so many questions with so many answers, he just wanted to lay there and forget any of this happened. He just wanted to go back to his old life, no matter how shitty and broken it was, it was so much better than this. At least he had his friends. Don groaned to himself, throwing his covers over his head. Maybe if he stayed there, something wouldn't happen. It was nice to get some peace and quiet, even if his life was on the line.

...

...

...

It was too hot.

"You can't even deal with your problems," he muttered to himself, giving into temptation. He reaches his phone, but before he can touch it, it vibrates madly. "Fucking-" Don cuts himself off with a groan. He slides the answer tab and puts it to his ear.

"What the fuck do you want, DDawn?" he asks, mildly annoyed.

"First of all, you didn't answer my voice mail. Secondly, for some peculiar reason, Duni wants me to check up on you. I always knew you were an idiot, but have you done something?"

"No, I haven't! And why does Duni want you to 'check up on me'? You know it's probably for some shitty reason,"

"He said something about your electrical sockets," How did Duni know about the missing cover on the outlet in his-? Never mind.

"Ugh, just get over here," Don quickly hung up, throwing his phone on his bed. He stood up from his bed, putting on his night slippers before making his way over to the bathroom. He turned the mirror light on and picked up his electric toothbrush. Toothpaste was squeezed onto it before he turned the sink on, the water dripping down his wrist. However, before he could put it in his mouth, Don noticed a small, red light behind the toothbrush head. It was out of batteries. Sighing, Don picked up the spark plug, plugging it into the exposed outlet. He immediately felt the sharp and unnerving feeling of the electricity surging through his body. It quickly turned from unpleasant to horrifically painful. Don couldn't find his voice as he tried to scream and pull away, but his hand only reflexively curled inwards. The pain wracked his very core, nearly leaving him openly sobbing. But his world went dark before he could make another sound.

A/N

I don't have much to say anymore down here, so this is really just down here to take up space.

Thanks!