✧ chapter 3 ✧

i'm awoken from my sleep by the smell of waffles and bacon. i slowly open my eyes and stretch my body while yawning. i sit up and run my hand through my long, messy light brown hair and look at the clock, which read 9:47 am. i fall back down onto my pillow and flip over so i'm on my stomach. i grab my phone from my nightstand and turn it on. i look on the screen to see i got a message from an unknown number. confused, i open it up and immediately scream.

"honey are you ok?" i hear my mom yell from downstairs.

"ya i'm fine! don't worry!" i yell back and turn my attention back to my phone. my breathing becomes uneven and my body starts to shake out of excitement. a huge smile spreads on my face making my cheeks hurt but i know it's not coming off anytime soon.

on the screen, the text message reads:

it takes me several minutes to recover and process what is happening

it takes me several minutes to recover and process what is happening. and i honestly don't know what to think! i mean THE JACK AVERY ACTUALLY TEXTED ME LIKE...THIS IS INSANE!! but after i compose myself, i think of a chill response as i don't want to seem crazy or obsessed.

i quickly send that last text and shove my face in my pillow

i quickly send that last text and shove my face in my pillow. i cannot believe i just said that to jack. now he's gonna think i'm some creep! ugh why am i like this? i sigh and go into the bathroom. i put my hair in a messy bun and change into some sweats and a t-shirt before heading down to eat.

"good morning mom!" i go and hug my mom and pick up a plate from the counter.

"good morning sweetie! how'd you sleep?" she replied.

"i slept really well! omg yesterday was a dream come true! thank you so much!" i say as i put a waffle and some bacon on my plate.

"of course!" she smiles. "i have to go into work today. i got a huge meeting so i probably won't be home until late tonight. goodbye hun!" she comes and hugs me then leaves and locks the door. i sigh and eat my breakfast. at least it was spring break so i didn't have school. when i finished, i went upstairs and took a shower. after, i put my sweats and shirt back on and unplug my phone from its charger. i look at the screen to see some texts from jack and i debate whether to text him back or not. but i decide to text him since i'm not the kind of person to ignore people.