1

Celeste in mm.

As I sat in my room I could hear my mom and her boyfriend arguing. My mom was a drug addict and her boyfriend often raped and sexually abused me.

They kept going back and forward until it finally grew silent. I then heard foot steps coming toward my room.

The door crept open and my mom boyfriend came in the room and sat on the bed. He then began to touch me. I started to move away but he grabbed me by my throat and told me "You better not move or I'll kill you". I stopped moving and let him do what he normally does.

When he got done, he left out of my room and i began to cry. I asked God "Why me? Why do you pick me to go through all of this?" I finally cried myself to sleep.

The next morning I was woken up by a slap to the face. I jumped up and saw my "stepdad" standing in front of me. He yelled "Get up and get ready for school and be down stairs in 10 minutes or I'm leaving you!"

I quickly got up and went in the bathroom and locked the door. I looked in the mirror and saw a dark circle forming around my eye.

I covered the bruise up with makeup to hide it. After I finished getting dressed I made it down stairs just in time. I walked outside and got in the truck.

The ride to school was quiet and slow. When we arrived at school I got out of the truck and dreaded going in school. I hated going to school for many reasons.

The children bullied me because of my clothes and torn shoes. They often called me names and no one talked to me.

When I walked in the building, everyone turned and looked at me. I held my head down as I walked down the hallway. I could hear the kids whispering and laughing as I walked pass.

I finally got to my first period class & walked in. When I walked in everyone looked at me & this one boy whispered to his friends, "Look at her shoes." and they all laughed. I put my head down and went to the back of the class to sit down.

As the kids started filing in more, a tall boy walked in and sat in the seat next to me. He had on his hood so I couldnt really see his face.

I turned around in my seat as the teacher began to talk. She assigned a group project. She assigned me and the guy beside me as partners.

After she told us what to do, I stayed quiet so the boy turned to me and asked me "What's yo' name?" He had a strong accent.

I slowly raised my head up & was confused because no one ever talked to me. I replied "Uh- Celeste". He nodded his head and said, "I like that name, my name August, but they call me yung."

I nodded and began to look over what we were suppose to do. August asked me "Why you so quiet?" I looked at him and said "Nobody really talk to me so I dont really talk"

I could see the confused look on his face but he left it alone. As the day went by, nobody talked to me as usual.

When the bell rung for us to go home, I gathered my things and walked outside. I sat outside waiting on my stepdad to pull up. Minutes went pass and no one showed up.

I looked up and saw  that guy August walking toward me. He approached me & asked "You want me to take you home?" I knew my stepdad would kill me if he saw him bringing me home.

"No, thank you." I said. "You sure? You've been stand-" I interrupted him and said "Yes I'm sure thank you" He nodded and walked off.

I began to walk to 30 minute walk to my house feeling abandoned once again. Why cant I have a normal life like everyone else?

When I arrived home no one was there, so I went up to my room and decided to take a shower and lay down. I ended up falling asleep.