8.

August POV

I sat in the hospital bed next to Celeste watching her sleep on my chest.

I started to think why would someone do this to her?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Celeste started to move and wake up.

I looked down at her and smiled. I asked her "Are you okay? You need anything? "

She smiled at me and this was the first time she had smiled since I been here. " No, I'm okay" she replied.

I shook my head and hugged her. I wanted her to know that I was there for her and as long as I'm here nobody will hurt her again.

The doctor walked in the room to check and make sure everything was okay.

When she walked out, I looked over at Celeste and saw that she was zoning out again.

"Why do you constantly zone out? Are you sure you're okay?

She looked at me with glossy eyes and said "What did I ever do to make someone do this to me? Everybody hates me and I just don't get it."

By now, she was bawling her eyes out and I couldn't do anything but hold her and let her cry.

When she finally got her self together I lifted her chin so that she could look at me.

"Listen, nobody hates you. Things happen in life that we have no control over and its not your fault. It got some evil ass people in this world but at the end of the day they gotta answer to God. Imma find out who did this to you and they gon' get theirs. Just relax and everything will be okay. I really care about you Celeste and I'll do anything to keep you out of harms way."

She nodded her head & hugged me.

I sat there for a couple more hours before deciding to leave to go handle something.

"Im finna leave, I'll be back later okay?"

She nodded and I gave her a hug and walked out.

On my way out, I heard somebody call my name so I turned around to see who it was.

"I didn't expect to see you here.."
********************************************

Who do yall think it is?
Thoughts about Celeste?
August?