Chapter 16: The Madness That We Keep Inside

Felix
I knew something was wrong with Marzia and she was making me nervous, I could tell by her pale face and sweaty hands that she didn't like the idea of the Catacombs but I had already been paid for this and if I backed out right now I'd look like a chicken in front of my bros and all of this people.
My mom used to tell me to always trust a woman's instinct, she told me the same thing when I went riding bicycles with Matt, an old friends when I was 8 years old without even knowing how to ride one but of course I didn't listen to her and the whole thing ended in disaster when I almost broke my arm. Normally I would cancel this whole thing because of Marzia but like I said, I'm already too compromised into this.
I tried to calm myself down and look as controlled as I could when I said to her "I'll be okay, just don't be too harsh on me" but to be honest I didn't even know if I felt okay.
I followed the cameraman and the security guard into the catacombs while I saw Marzia disappear with the three other people.
It gave me some calm knowing that if at least I didn't make it out of here she would be fine, that's all that matters to me.
After a bunch of instructions and some fixes to my helmet they told me I was ready to go so I swallowed to get out the nude that was in my throat and forced my feet to keep walking.
I relaxed a lot when I realised this was just as I imagined but still I was a bit tense and I got more scared than usual because of Marzia's paranoia.
Yea right Felix, blame it on your girl.
I got scared by a group of bats coming right in my face, I turned to run away from them and I caught a glimpse of the cameraman, that snapped me back into reality.
"Damn you fucking bats!" I yelled throwing a fist in the air.
I continued walking until the lights started flicking.
"Oh no, not this shit" I said trying to get my flash light out of the belt they gave me.
I encountered a right turn as I kept walking and I saw a shadow in the bottom of the hall so I took that as a sign to go that way. I know from video games that seeing shadows isn't a good sign but I also know that sometimes if you don't follow there isn't any progress.
The lights stopped flicking and I continued going, this path was a bit weirder than the other one, it wasn't as straight and it had many turns. I had a strange feeling all of a sudden, something out of normal as if I shouldn't have taken this turn, I tried going back but as soon as I did the lights went off again, this time they weren't flickering they were just off. I already had my flashlight out so I wasn't left in the darkness. I continued walking back when something, no, someone got in front of me. I turned the flashlight in their direction and I saw a familiar face.
At first I didn't know who it was but when I realised it was that fucker that was having lunch with Marzia I let out a gasp.
"What the fu-" I was interrupted by something hitting my head, my vision turned black and the last thing I knew is I was laying on the ground.
-------
My head was spinning around the moment I woke up, my eyes tried to focus on the room and my surroundings, it took a while for me to remember what was happening.
Have I been... kidnapped?
I tried to move my hand to clean the blood from my mouth but I couldn't, I felt the rope tense around my wrists and toes which were tied up to the bed I was in.
The door opened and I saw a little chubby guy entering the room.
"Who the fuck are you and why are you doing this?" I asked, my throat was burning and my voice was raspy.
He didn't answer, he just lifted a finger to his mouth in sign for me to shut up, I was about to say something rude when he started to remove the rope from my feet an hands.
"What are you doing? do you kidnap me and then just let me go like that? you could go to jail you know" I said but he slapped me in the... mouth? what the fuck?
"Shut up! I'm not involved in this, I'll try to explain later but right now shut your mouth and follow me" he said as soon as he finished untying me.
I guess I have no choice.
I followed him outside the room, he gave me a pair of socks so our steps didn't make noise. My heart was racing and all my body was sweating, this house was huge. It had at least eight rooms in this floor and there was another floor downstairs.
I followed the little guy down and he seemed lost for a second and I could see why. This floor was like a maze, it had a long hall with a bunch of open rooms but there was no sign of a front door. behind the stairs there was a huge door and I pointed at it.
"Let's leave that one for the end, it seems it could make a lot of noise an I don't remember entering this house from there" he said
"How can you not remember where you came from?" I asked in a demanding tone
"They practically dragged here"
"What do you mean they? and why are they doing this an how are you not involved?"
"Leave the questions for later, I promise I'll answer everything, right now let's focus on finding a way out" he said before heading to the first room.
This house was like living a real life horror without the monsters but crazy humans instead. The first room was composed by a lone bed and a few drawers but there was another door inside of it. He opened it carefully revealing a bunch of plates and food bowls for pets. I frowned just with the idea of this people having any type of animal.
We went through every room which were the same thing over and over but with different things in the doors like ropes and food cans and clothes.
We decided to go for the door behind the stairs which was our last option, we opened it but we found a huge library. This had to be a joke, the room seemed like they got it out right from a horror movie, all of the books were old and it had old wooden furniture all over, there were old portraits in the wine coloured walls and to my horror the floor was made of wood and it creaked with every single step.
We kept on going through the room till we got to what we hoped was the front door. it opened with a creak and I felt a huge relief when the fresh air of the night hit me in the face. The boy grabbed my arm and leaded me to a black car, I noticed it was the one in which I was transported with Marzia everywhere.
Marzia...
"Wait, I need to check if they don't have my girlfriend in there" I pleaded
"She's not there, lets go"
"How do you know?" I asked
"I said I'll explain later now trust me and please get in the car" he said
I did what he said and he jumped in the driver seat, I was sure he wasn't old enough to drive but I didn't know how to get out of here so I didn't say anything.
"Oh fuck!" he said hitting the steering wheel with his hands
"What's wrong?" I asked
"This are the wrong keys!" he said throwing the keys in the grass in frustration.
"Calm down man! you're making too much noise" I said "what do we do now?"
"I don't know, I'll have to go in there to search for them. Stay here and run away if you see someone else that isn't me" he said before walking away.
I waited for a long time before I saw a large figure running towards me, I turned my feet to run but it was already too late, he was faster than me.
He grabbed me by the shirt and forced me to walk back into the house and into the room I was before trying to escape.
"You both are going to pay the prize" he said before leaving the room and locking it and I realised the guy who helped me was now tied up to a chair bleeding.
I rushed to untie him and placed him on the bed, he coughed a couple times before opening his eyes.
"I'm sorry but they were already awake" he said
"It's okay, it isn't your fault"
"I'll tell you now before they come back" he said "goldilocks, the guys who just dragged you here is Charlie, he is like the boss, his girlfriend Clarissa and him were the ones who brought you here but the mastermind of this plan was Marcus, he's a creep, never talks and you might be wondering how I got involved, well, we were friends until I realised the kind of psychos they were. I never imagined my own best friends would be like this"
"I still don't understand why are they doing this" I sighed
"Well, they're obsessed with you and your girlfriend, I thought it was pretty obvious but don't worry, they can't get to her, she's being protected, at least that's what I heard" he said
That gave me some relief and I relaxed until the door slammed oped again. This time a girl with shiny black hair came in, Clarissa, I guessed.
"Glad you're awake! I brought you some food" she squeaked while handing me a plate with some weird content in it "eat it so you can have energy for later, we can have so much fun"
If you saw this girl on the street you would think she is a normal person but once you got close to her madness was clear on her eyes revealing a crazy girl with blazed eyes and an empty heart.
"Thank you" I said dryly grabbing the plate from her hands.
"no, thank you" she said and got closer to me and tried to kiss me. I got away from her before our lips could smack and a frown appeared on her face before she slapped me.
"Fuck you!" she spat before leaving the room
"I'm Thomas by the way" the boy spoke.
"What the fuck was that?" I rubbed my cheek
"I have no idea, but that's now new, she's always like this" he shrugged
I started to wonder if he was just as mad as everyone else in here.
The days passed and the same things happened over and over, Clarissa came and tried kissing me, hugging me and slapping me then her boyfriend came in yelling because I was "stealing her girl" one time he even hit her and pushed her down the stairs, we thought she was dead until she came the next day to bring food.
This whole situation was unreal, I thought only people in the movies were like this but I was wrong, madness is real, it exists between us and we might not even see it.
Thomas was even weirder with each day that passed, he cried and prayed everyday and I tried to calm him down asking random questions like his age or about his family. This sometimes made it worse so I gave up on trying to help.
I counted seven complete days.
All I could think of all this days was Marzia. Was she eating? was she okay? if I died could she move on? would I ever see her again? hold her, kiss her, anything. I even got this selfish thoughts of having her with me but I pushed them away and tried convincing myself that the madness of this people was creeping up on me but I knew that was bullshit, I missed her more than anything and I wanted her by my side. If only I could see her again I would tell her everything I never got to tell her because I was being to selfish to understand what she needed. The girl wanted to marry me and I was too damn stupid to say no, right now I would do anything that girl asked me for because after all she's everything I need and it's a shame it took me this long to realise. I was too blinded by the thought of loosing my liberty but to be honest that doesn't matter if Marzia isn't there. I wish I could go back in time and buy her a ring and tell her I wanted to keep her forever with me but I can't, I can't make up for my stupidity and I can't make up for the mistakes I've made,
The seventh day we heard yelling outside so we peaked through the window to see what was going on. The couple were fighting but this time there was someone else with them
"Marcus" Thomas said.
We kept on watching, Marcus gave Clarissa what looked like a sharp knife and they all turned in sync to look up at us, I backed away from the window and expected Thomas to do the same but instead he flicked them off.
"Are you insane?" I asked
"No, but I got nothing to loose"
"Your life maybe? they've been beating the crap out of you this days"
"Yea but that's because you fuck up" he said
"Then why don't they hit me instead?"
"Because you're like their religion or something, I don't know, gosh! stop making so many questions!"
"Sorry, but nothing of this makes sense to me" I apologised
"Same but asking me won't give you the answers you need and-" the door opening interrupted him and the three kidnappers came into the room.
Clarissa and Marcus grabbed Thomas by both arms while Charlie kicked him hard in the stomach. I quickly pulled Clarissa from the shoulders making her free Thomas' arm and then I punched Charlie in the jawline which made him stumble backwards. I turned to see Thomas kicking Marcus to free himself but Clarissa was already on top of him scratching his face. I felt a kick in my back and I fell in the ground, I tried to turn around but Charlie was keeping me down with his foot, I saw as he grabbed the rope from the bed and started tying my hands and feet. I tried fighting but it didn't help. I saw as my friend was being beaten to death right in front of my eyes. They stopped when his eyes closed and he was bleeding everywhere, they tied him too and then they dragged us from our feet to another room with two chairs in it. They put us both in them and then left the room.
"Thomas? Are you okay? tell me you're still alive man" I said but there was no response.
I wouldn't be able to take it if he was dead, maybe I was being selfish but I wanted him here to make this less horrible, he kept me from tearing apart and he always tried to give me reasons not to give up.
"You have millions of people waiting for you" "you have a girlfriend and family to look forward to"
I probably could've gave up to this point without this little guy.
"Come on Tom, don't leave me here, wake up" I pleaded
"I just wish they had only me here instead of you, you have everything and I have nothing. You have much more into live for"
It was useless, he wasn't moving, he wasn't responding.
I was about to scream from desperation when the door crashed open. Charlie and Clarissa came in with wide eyes and I heard some running downstairs.
Was someone else here?
"Your Cutiepie came to the rescue" Clarissa said.
Marzia was here? no no no no.
"Don't do anything to her! please you already have me and-" I was cut off by Clarissa when she got out a needle from her back and placed it in my arm.
"Lock that door and don't let anyone in here or you're dead" Charlie said to Clarissa.
I felt the liquid run through my veins making everything dizzy and slow. I tried pushing the need of sleeping but it was useless, in seconds I was completely blacked out.
********
Another update in the same week? no way! haha
I'm glad you guys liked the last chapter and I hope you like this one too :)
If you got the reference from another youtuber I threw here in this chapter you're right from my street.
It was fun to write as Felix even though I think it's the last time I'll do it.
Stay awesome *brofist* 👊