CHAPTER 10 (HIS)

Amethyst

"Sir, we're here." Said my secretary.

I looked at my watch. We're just in time.

I stand in front of the shop that my sister used to love. They still have her photos plastered on the walls, showing off their jewelries to possible clients passing by.

She look lovely. With bright eyes and sweet smile. Gorgeous. The jewels are simply just that, an accessory. It can never surpass her beauty.

"Mister Gomez. It's nice to see you again." The manager greeted us. He's been here for a long time. I was urging him to retire but he simply won't agree. Gems and gold is his life.

All staffs stood straight on their posts with a welcoming smile. The store is being closed to the public whenever I visit. Just the way I want it.

"Good to see you too Frank. Is my purchase ready? I'm here to pick it up."

My sister had a thing for jewels. Common for an elite supermodel. Every brand known to the society, she have shares on them. Nakapangalan lahat iyon sa pamangkin kong babae.

Though she was born and raised in glamour and riches, she have a good heart. A pure soul. Kaya nang nakatapos sa pag-aaral, she dedicated her life and knowledge to those who needed her helping hands.

She managed to built a lot of orphanage, hospitals and schools. She opened businesses that offer jobs for those who never reached middle school or college. All profits goes to my nephew's accounts.

"It is Sir. Please make your self comfortable for a moment. It won't be long."

We took a seat and I busied my self with some of their catalogs. All of their items are exquisite but I prefer my purchases to be customized. Karamihan sa mga disenyong pinagagawa ko ay galing kay Chelsea. That kid have talents with intricate things.

Her mother is one of a kind. She deserves everything original.

Hindi nagtagal, bumalik muli si Frank, hawak ang isang itim na kahon. I let my secretary take the box and he handed him another design for my next purchase. I have this routine every five months for the past sixteen years.

Sa lahat ng ayaw ko ay 'yung trabahong mukhang minadali. I demand perfection and I know how much time it could take. My sister deserves nothing less.

Inilabas ko ang bagong biling alahas sa kahon. Kumikinang ang bawat dyamante at bato sa pang-hapong araw.

Amethyst.

Just like her name, it was also her favorite gem.

Inilubog ko ito sa tubig sa paanan ng kanyang rebulto. Kasama ng mga alahas na naipagawa ko sa nakalipas na mga taon. This fountain is heavily guarded and anyone who trespass was ordered to be taken down at gunpoint.

Our garden is her very own paradise. Nararapat lang na dito ilagay ang kanyang abo. Kahit malawak ang aming lupain, karamihan sa mga halaman dito ay personal nyang inaalagaan. I remember spending my day, running around and playing while she tends to her flower beds.

"Slow down Achilles, baka madapa ka."

"Yes Ate!"

Mama and Papa was always away. Spending all their time making fortunes and letting the maids fill in for their responsibility as a parent.

I don't mind though. Namulat naman akong wala sila palagi. As long as I have my sister with me, I'm happy.

I swore that I will never leave her. I'll protect my sister with everything I have. I studied hard to make her proud of me. I stay out of trouble as much as I could because I hate seeing her so worried. I'll do anything for my sister.