Forgiveness

You smile softly, happy to see that Papyrus had approached his brother so easily. It warmed your heart to know that the two found it hard to hold grudges against one another. You lifted yourself from Sans, letting him go and already missing his warm embrace. You wished to stay there while the two talked but this was a private affair and you knew better then to intervene, choosing Sans' happiness over yours anytime. 

" Go " You gently place your hand over the skeleton's, your fingers intertwining softly like a perfect puzzle. Sans smiled kindly at you, knowing what needed to be done. Your heart races quickly as you feel Sans press his teeth against your lips for a kiss, blush covering your entire face and Sans' doing the same. You loved his gentle actions, always calming whatever nerves lay in your broken psyche. Sans was the glue that kept you together and complete and you were the same to him. If you didn't let him go now then things could take a disastrous turn, you didn't want that. You felt like the burdens on the monster would soon break his bony shoulders, shattering him into a million pieces like glass. Forgiveness was needed to amend wrongs. Sans stands to his feet, slowly following his brother to the bar and sitting with him. You couldn't hear what was being said but that was alright, the soft and genuine smile on Sans' face telling you all that you needed to know. Things were going well and your soul fluttered with longing, knowing you were away from the monster you loved, even if you were only on the other side of the room. The connection between you both had deepened so much that you couldn't bear to be away from the monster, your soul silently crying out to him. You could see Sans clutch his rib-cage, his own soul obviously doing the same as yours. He looked in pain, like he may collapse. It tugged at your heart but Sans soldered through, amending the broken bond with Papyrus.Your smile fades, seeing someone sit next to you at the table. A flash of pink. Oh god. You look over worryingly, seeing Mettaton sitting by you with a look of sorrow on his metal features.

" Darling, words cannot describe how sorry I am " You hadn't expected this, unsure of what to say. Silence settled, the sound of soft jukebox music being all you could hear. You may have not liked the robot very much but if Sans could forgive then you should to, after all was it really Mettaton's fault all this happened? Yes and no. True he had called you out in the show, drawing attention to you but on the other hand he didn't know any better. A smile graces your features as you place your hand over his metal one in forgiveness. Perhaps the robot wasn't so bad after all. Mettaton smiles softly, his arms flinging around you. 

" Thank you so much darling! " You shivered at the cold metal touch of the robot, shivers running down your entire body. It was a small price to pay for forgiveness. You felt a weight lift from your shoulders and in that moment things seemed wonderful. Not even a cold winter's morning could compare.