The Letter |Ch. 31

Jake's POV

"For fuck sake's, just sit down and stop worrying about her, would you?," Sarah whines.

"Why would she run off like that? She won't even return my calls... maybe her phone died." As I'm about to call Kat again, Natasha puts her hand on my arm to stop me.

"Look, Kat and I are very close friends. She tells me everything. And right now, she's mad at you, that's why she won't call you back," Natasha slurs repulsively close to me.

"Why is she mad at me?," I ask desperately.

Is it because I drank? I'm not even drunk... I only had a Smirnoff with Tristan. Maybe it's because I left her alone back in the kitchen? But is that really worth getting worked up over? Just getting carried away in a conversation with a friend never hurt anyone before... how could that have offended her?

Oh fuck. She probably smelled it on me. Fuck fuck fuck. All I had was one joint, and that's all I've ever smoked... that's why she's mad. She probably thinks I got shit faced. I can't fucking lose my girl just because I had a joint...

"Kat thinks you slept with someone," she pulls me out of my thoughts.

I abruptly jump off the couch and stare at her furiously. "Why would she fucking think that? What the fuck did you say to her, you little-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Don't blame us for this. You disappear out of nowhere and come out that door like you're making sure no one sees you, reeking pot. I'd think you were cheating too. But Kat is a fucking whore, wouldn't surprise me if she cheated herself. Why would she care about you doing the same?," Sarah explains.

"It takes everything in me not to bash your head against that wall! Kat is far from being a whore!," I yell at them.

Walking towards the front door, I realize maybe Sarah was right after all. Maybe it really did look fishy to Kat. But nothing happened. I have to make it up to her now, I need to make it up to her.

I swear if she cried over this, I won't be able to take it. Damn it, why does she always have to jump to conclusions so fucking quickly?! She could've told me about this instead of just assuming I fucked someone... just the thought makes me gag. I would never. I could never do that to her.

Havn't I proved that by now?

What now? I can't just show up on her doorstep and try to convince her I didn't cheat. I have to do something romantic... like offer to take her out on another date. And what better way to do that than with flowers? Or chocolate?

I know it's cheesy, but girls still like it. It's generous.

Although by this time, all stores are closed. Which means I'll have to wait until tomorrow. That's what I'll do. She probably needs some space right now anyways. I know she's heartbroken... if only there was another way I could reach her, other than her phone.

I've already left a dozen voice-mails. But I need her to know that nothing happened. I'll text her one last time, and tell her how much I love her. That way when she turns her phone back on, she'll receive the message and possibly think further into this... that maybe she thought wrong after all. Yeah, that's a great idea.

*Hey baby. Natasha told me why you ran off like that. I'm so sorry you thought something was going on, I swear nothing happened babe. I'm honest to you. Forever. I love you. Call me when you see this <3*

****

"Jake, I know you're in there! Open the door right now!," my mom pounds on the shut bedroom door.