Chapter 1: The Meet

It's 10:30 pm and I couldn't sleep knowing that the next day I would be headed over to The Convention Center to see and meet The Neighbourhood. I looked up at my ceiling all night wondering what it would be like to meet Jesse Rutherford in person. Would he be really weird and engage in a conversation with me? Would he be normal and quiet like me? I don't know, but what I did know was that I'd make the most out of it. That night I planned out exactly what I wanted to wear, one black van and one white, nbhd tank I bought at Hot Topic, leather jacket, and my black and white skinny-jeans. I turned on my music of course the first song that played was W.D.Y.W.F.M., one of my favorites. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep. I woke up the next morning at around eight and hopped in the shower full of excitement. Just so you know I'm 21 and acting like a 14 year-old. I got out of the shower and put on my outfit for the day. I sat there thinking "I hope this isn't awkward, but then again it's not awkward if I don't make it awkward." I decided to head out early to go and get breakfast before the show which started at 5 pm. It was only 11 am. I got in my car and headed to McDonald's to eat a little something before. Now usually I don't sit inside to eat, but I did today. I went inside, placed my order, got my food, and went to sit down. I put my headphones in and of course listened to The Neighbourhood-Honest. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I was frightened at first, but then took out my headphones and slowly turned around, "Can I help..." I froze for a few seconds then gathered my thoughts. "Can I help you?" I said trying to hold back my excitement. Standing in front of me was the whole band...The Neighbourhood. Jesse standing in the front, Zach & Jeremy beside him, and Mikey & Brandon behind them. "You don't sound to happy..." Jesse said looking unsure of me. "I'm not trying to be the hype all over you type person you know. I clearly love you guys with a passion look at my outfit," I turn so they can see the full outfit. "We're matching! Hey you wanna come sit with us?" I look down and then back up, "I'd love to!" I get my tray and move over to a table with them. "I wanna sit by her," Zach says as he clears a spot for me. "Nahh, I'm the leader and I'm sure she likes me more," Jesse said as he got up and sat next to Zach and then pushed him out of the seat. "Guys, I'm not that special. You would think I would be the one to be pushing and picking where I sat right?" They both stopped arguing, "She right, go ahead and pick your seat." Jesse says. I sit in-between Jesse and Zach, "There, now both of you are happy." "We never got your name. What is it?" Mikey asks me. "Kennesha, Kennesha is my name Mikey." "Nice to meet you!" They all say out loud. "You're cute," says Zach. "Man how many times do I have to tell you, she's mine I saw her first," Jesse says with a playful rage. "Guys! Remember I fight over you, not you fight over me." They both sit back and look at me, "What? I'm just saying I'm not all that." Jesse gets up and stands behind me and wraps his arms around me, "You are beautiful." I slightly smile, "Thanks Jess." "No problem babe," he kisses me on the cheek. I look at him and he smiles while Zach looks aggravated. I turn to Zach and kiss him on the cheek, "We'll keep this thing even alright?" They both look at each other and both nod their heads and say okay. We all sit and eat then once we finish we head outside. "It was nice hanging with you guys, can I get a pic?" They all stand behind me ready to take a group selfie. I take the picture and then post it on instagram. "See you guys after the concert!" I start to slowly walk away, "Where are you going? You're not gonna hang with us all day?" Jeremy asks. I stop and turn around, "You want to actually hang with me until the concert?" I said sounding curious. "You are a cool chick," Brandon said as the whole group walked up to me. At the moment I felt special and at ease, but was there something else they wanted? "Well I mean if you want me to hang with you guys I'd be glad to." I smile and then wait for them to call the shots, "Well then c'mon babe, we should have a lot of fun before today is over," Jesse says. Why does he keep calling me babe? I believe it's just a playful thing so I brushed it off. "Well ok then what do you guys wanna do?" "You live here what is there to do?" Jesse asks. I start thinking, "There's the state fair, we can go to the mall, the movies, or just head over to my place and go swimming." The group huddles up and starts discussing, "How about your house, seems nice?" I think about that for another second, "Alright, just follow me and I'll lead you there." "Can we get your number in case we get lost?" Jesse asks. "Yeah it's (317)3**-9***."