Chapter 11:

"Hey Jess," I say. "What's up?" "You do realize you have to apologize to Zach right." "Yeah I know, but it's gonna be hard." I get up and walk into the kitchen. "Are you avoiding the subject?" I grab a cup and pour myself something to drink. "No, well..." I stop and walk back to the living room and sat next to my friend. "She's upset by the whole situation. You don't expect her to get over it that fast do you?" she says. "Well, no, but I'm trying my best to help." "Let's just not talk about this at all okay?" I sit back. Tashara gets up and walks up the stairs and Jesse walks into the kitchen. Why is everything crashing already? Why can't everything just be peaches and creme? I walk into the kitchen with Jesse and sit at the table, "Was this a mistake?" He stops what he's doing and looks at me. "What do you mean?" He had a worried look on his face. "I mean, did we rush things?" Jesse knew we had been moving way too fast, and that maybe we needed a break. "Look, I know we moved like the people in the movies, but I really love you." "I just think we should take a break, it's for the best." "I guess you're right. So are you going to stay somewhere else?" "No, I'm just going to sleep in the room I was originally supposed to be in." I go upstairs in my room. Sometimes I wonder why I obsessed so much over The Neighbourhood, they're just like everybody else. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be this way. Maybe it was. I lay down on my bed and start to think and Tashara walks in. "You ok girly?" "Yeah I'm fine, we decided to call it quits for a while." She sits next to me, "It's for the best, but you do realize how hard this will be right?" "Yeah I know, I have to do it though." I get up and grab the keys to the Chevy and then think about the fact that we aren't together anymore. I put the keys back on the key rack and turn to head back upstairs. "Just take the car, I'm not going to stop supporting you or anything." Jesse says. "Are you sure? I don't want to take something that means a lot to you." He walks up to me but then slowly backs up, "I have, well, had something that meant much more so it won't hurt." I realize what Jesse meant, but didn't want to get all wrapped around it. "Well, thanks." I take the keys and hop on the highway for a long drive. I just want to be happy with Jesse, but he's so caught up that it just isn't working. I can tell he loves me, but he just can't help himself. I head to the beach to chill and clear my thoughts once again. "Hey, you just can't stay away can you?" Well that voice sounded familiar. I turn around to see Zach standing behind me. "Why is it that we always end up at the beach on the same day?" I laugh a little. "I dunno, maybe because it was meant to b... I mean maybe we just think alike." I smile at him, "Why are you here?" He sits next to me and we start to talk. "Well, I'm having relationship issues, and this is where I come to think." "Same here, looks like we wouldn't make it in a relationship." I playfully hit him. He laughs a little and gets up, "Where you going?" "To get something to drink. Want anything?" "Uhh, just a bottle o..." he cuts me off. "Got it." He goes to get the drinks and comes back. "You never let me finish." "I didn't need you to." He hands me a bottle of Calypso, "How did you know?" "Let's just say I pay close attention to you." he smirks. I twist off the cap and enjoy the tropical taste of my drink. "You know Zach, you're a pretty chill dude." "I get that a lot, but I don't think so." "Why do you say that?" "I'm super clingy, like if I were to hang with you for a week, I wouldn't let you leave." "Well I actually don't mind that." "Really?" "I enjoy clingy people, it lets me know they care." "Well we'll be good friends then." We get up & start walking around the beach.