Chapter Twelve; Heartbreak

Just please don't say you love me

'Cause I might not say it back

Doesn't mean my heart stops skipping when you look at me like that

There's no need to worry when you see just where we're at

Just please don't say you love me

'Cause I might not say it back

Please don't say you love me- GABRIELLE APLIN

_______

Chapter Twelve;

I have never experienced this type of heartbreak before. It feels so wired, like pain, sadness, and depression all pushing against your heart and sole; creating a huge hole that throbs around the edges.

I sit in my bed, crying my eyes out with my arms wrapped around my torso. I don't want anyone bothering me at all, I just want to be miserable all by myself.

I cry for another couple hours until I fall into a miserable sleep.

*dream*

I'm so nervous, my heart is beating really fast and I tighten my grip on my fathers arm and look down the aisle looking at the most handsome man in the world. We are almost at the end of the aisle and I get to be with Peeta again.

But my dad pulls me away from the aisle, and I look at him again. My dad isn't there anymore, now my arm is linked with one of Peeta's brothers and I am wearing a short pink dress. What? we sit down and slow music begins to play and Delly starts to strut down the aisle wearing a slutty white dress.

Then I realize, I am not the bride at Peeta's wedding, I am the bridesmaid at Peeta and Delly's wedding.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride" Peeta and Delly kiss and They continue to passionately make out. No. "Peeta no!" I scream.

I jolt awake quickly, sobs uncontrollably rack my body. I quickly pull out my phone and dial Peeta's number, I know what I need to do now. Holding back tears I hit call and press the phone to my ear. It rings until his voicemail plays and it tells me to record my message.

"Hey Peeta this is Katniss."i sob after saying his name. "I have never really liked parties and I am probably never going to one again, listen I saw you at the party... with her. I can never forgive you Peeta, for what you have done" I sob twice "I love you Peeta" I say sadly but then the sad fads and turns to anger "I wish I didn't. Then you couldn't hurt me like you already have. Thanks to you, I can never be with anyone ever agin" I say bitterly. "But thank you for giving me the fakest couple of days of my life, they really where great"

I hang up and collapse on my bed in another round of violent crying.

I didn't go to school for a few weeks, because of the heartache and I had caught a really bad sickness. When I am really sad or depressed I tend to get really sick, for example; when my dad died, when Peeta moved away, when Johanna moved away, when my mom met Plutarch and stopped coming home a lot, and now.

I am to much of a mess to go to the doctor and I am also very contagious, I learned that the hard way. I

Told all my friends not to come unless they want to be violently sick.

Today I really need to go pick up my school work, I get out of bed trying not to make my dizziness worse. I quickly throw on some warm sweatpants take off my shirt reveling me ribs and bony shoulders. I have lost a dangerous amount of weight while being sick, now I am a pile of skin and bones.

I pull all my hair back put on a hoodie and pull the hood over my head. I slip on some shoes and go downstairs to my car. I drive the ten minutes to the school and park right outside the office. Stumbling through the street I make my way to the office to get my school work.

Principle Abernathy told me to go to my fourth period class to get my stuff which I just great because everyone I hang out with is in that class...including Peeta and I don't want them to see me so sick.

I start to get into one of those coughing fits, perfect time right? I wait outside the door until my couching fit stops and when it finally does I walk into the classroom. Everyone looks at me and I quickly go to the teachers desk and she starts digging through her pile of papers for all my work. I scan the room and all my friends stare at me with concern and I pull my shirt up to my mouth and nose so I don't get anyone sick with my couching.

Finnick comes up and tries to hug me but I push him away "I'm still contagious, don't touch me" I back away and my hood falls off, I hear a gasp and look up. It came from Peeta and Annie, I do look really bad. I have red eyes, red nose, I am really pale and have bags under my eyes. I pull my hood up again "I'm fine Annie" I croak and she reads through my lies.

Peeta gets up and walks over to me he quickly leans down and whispers "I love you" while trying to hug me but I quickly push him back.

I look at Peeta and my eyes fill with tears and I slap him. I slap him right in the face, he looks back at me and his eyes fill with tears, I hoped it hurt. "Check your voicemail" I spit at him and walk towards the door, grabbing my work on the way out.

__________

Comment what you thought.

Vote

Follow

I know this chapter sucked, it was just a filler. Next chapter she will go back to school, and I will soon explain Peeta's actions so don't worry. Thank you all so much for 1k reads!!!!

Please vote and comment!

Vivienne.