Afraid

Dean was struggling. He couldn't stand seeing Cas like this. He loved him. He was afraid for him. Sam was always telling him to have courage. Though Dean tried, he was just downright scared. He talked to Cas, hoping he could hear him.

"Hey. It's been two days. Sammy's trying to fix this. I keep telling him it's pointless, but he's just so stubborn. I've...I've been getting you breakfast. French toast with a side of bacon. Don't worry about me, the hunger doesn't bother me anyway. Cas, I am so sorry. This is all my fault. Me and Sam. If we hadn't gotten into that fight," He paused. "That stupid fight." He looked at his poor little angel. A tear ran down his face. Cas watched Dean as he stood behind him in his disembodied form.

"Dean. Don't do this to yourself. I'll be fine. I'll be fine." Soon, Cas did something he'd never done before. He wept. He couldn't fight the tears. He just fell to his knees and wept. He looked back at Dean, his poor little Dean. Cas knew he had to be strong for him. He had to have strength. But he was just so scared. He wiped away the tears and got to his feet.

"Oh, Cas. I love you." Cas nearly cried again. There was such a tremble to his voice, and he knew that Dean was scared too.

"Dean. I love you too. I just wish you could hear me. I wish you could see me. I want to feel your lips on mine. I want to hold your hand and tell you everything will be okay," He clenched his fists. "But I can't. There's so much I can't do. Not just because of the state I'm in. Even with you by my side, I'm beginning to lose hope. You can't help me, Dean. No one can. I am so sorry." He watched as Dean bent down next to his body and kissed him. If only he could feel it. He felt so alone. So afraid.

"Get better you little angel." Dean whispered. Cas held back a sob.

"No, Dean. You get better. You can't see my pain, the least you can do is hide yours. You're the real angel here. You are my angel. And I fear I have already lost you."