Honesty

Ellie and Cas just sat by the door and spoke every now and then. Dean left to get his French toast with a side of bacon about an hour ago. He would return any minute now. Cas was resting his head on Ellie's shoulder trying to keep from sobbing. She had her arm around his shoulders.
"I just don't know what I did to deserve this. I found love, only to have it ripped away in the blink of an eye."
"I know, I'm sorry. I wish we had some ice cream. Ice cream makes everything better."
"But I don't eat. Why would I want ice cream?"
"No, you need ice cream. There's a difference."
"I only wish Dean could see me. Hear me. There are so many things that I want to tell him. So many things that I never got to tell him. Because there aren't enough words to express my love for that man. I would just tell him I love him in so many ways for as long as I could. I just...I just want my angel back." The door opened and Dean walked in with his tray.
"Hey, Cas. You know, all of this stuff is going to waste. I'm waiting for you to wake up so you can have it." Cas sighed.
"Oh, Dean." A tear slipped past his eyelids. Dean set the tray on the bedside dresser and sat at the chair.
"Okay, it's honesty time. Remember that waitress? From the diner? I wasn't cruising for a pick up. I was gonna hook her up with you. I was just thinking that...you deserved better than me. I mean, clearly. Look what happened after a little one night stand. It was just...I did that on a whim. I don't know what I was thinking. So there you have it. But god am I glad you spoke up. Because these past few days, while they have been pretty awful, at least I got to spend some time with you," He grabbed Cas's hand. "You are my angel. And you know what? I haven't lost you yet. And I never will. Do you wanna know why? Because I love you, Castiel." He was sobbing now. He gave Cas a kiss on the forehead. Even Ellie was crying at how beautiful it was.
"Oh, Castiel. You're so lucky to have a guy like him." Cas almost smiled.
"If only I hadn't lost him."