10

Yoongi woke up with his stomach already filled with butterflies. He took some deep breaths before getting ready for the day.

He tried to look his best, putting on what he hoped was a cute outfit and a little extra lip tint. He was much too nervous to eat breakfast, which worried Mrs. Min but also confirmed her suspicions.

He walked to school with his friends as usual. They hyped him up the whole way and pushed him forward when he was about to give up and go home. He was grateful for them really.
Yoongi had the lesson before break with Jimin, so he could grab him as they were leaving and then take him somewhere more private.

He didn't think it was possible to be more nervous than yesterday, but it obviously was.

There was only one problem; Jimin wasn't there. Yoongi waited all through his lesson in case he was late, but he just wasn't there. Was he really hurting so bad? The need to confess and reassure him was even stronger now and Yoongi was pretty sure he'd do anything.

Break time rolled around, and Tae was currently backed into a corner.
"Where is he?!"
"I told you Yoongi, I don't know!" Yoongi grunted and ran a hand through his hair.
"He's probably at home... what's his address?" Tae was reluctant to give Jimin's information away but he gave in eventually, seeing how serious Yoongi was.

As Yoongi turned to leave, Taehyung grabbed his shoulder.
"If you hurt my Chim... I swear to God-" Yoongi cut him off.
"Tae, I promise that I will do absolutely everything I can to make him happy. I just want to see him smile again." Tae nodded and reluctantly let him go. Yoongi glanced again at the address scrawled on his hand and set off, already shaking.

Jimin's house was fairly far away from the school, so Yoongi got a bus. He tried to rehearse a speech in his head, but he couldn't summon up the words to explain how he felt. The bus ride was about twenty minutes, and Yoongi spent it listening to music. Not his usual rap though; these were softer ballads, mostly love songs. His phone chirped in his pocket.

One new message.
Hoesucc: heard you're off to find Jimin. Good luck man :)
Sugadaddy: thanks. Cover for me at school?
Hoesucc: of course. Remember not to run away please.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at this but it was true. He needed to control himself and stay with Jimin until all their emotions were out in the open. His leg was shaking, bouncing up and down as he wrung his clammy hands. People on the bus threw him looks but he didn't notice, being so anxious.

The bus pulled up after a while and Yoongi hopped off after thanking the driver. He scanned for street signs and found Jimin's. He took a deep breath. It was real now. Yoongi started slowly down the road, fighting the urge to get straight back on the bus.

He eventually made it to the right street and he didn't even need to check the number to find Jimin's house. All the curtains were closed and he could sense the sadness radiating from it like rain from a cloud.

There was no turning back now.