Chapter One

Marcel's POV

My dream was obviously just a dream, but it seemed so real. It was like I actually felt Annie's body in my arms, her lips on my lips. And if my dream was correct, they were very soft.

But when I opened my eyes, I was in my bed. I sat up and rubbed my head.

   "Ugh," I said

I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep without talking about this dream, but there was only one person I could talk to.

   "Hello?" she said groggily

   "Hey Annie" I said, now slightly embarrassed for calling her at 2 am, good thing it was a Saturday morning.

   "Oh hi Marcel" she answered

   "Um, I have something I have to talk to you about" I told her about my dream (not telling her that she was the girl in the dream of course)

   "What does it mean?"

   "Well, some people think that dreams are projections of things that have happened to them. Have you kissed a girl anytime recently?"

I laughed quietly "No, Annie"

   "And sometimes they're projections of what we hope for and want. Maybe you want to kiss this girl. Who was the girl in your dream?"

You. I thought, but what I said was "I can't remember"

"Oh," she said, not trying to hide the disappointment in her voice "I guess you want to kiss this girl"

Oh yes, I did.

   "Oh, okay. Well thanks Annie, for that"

   "Um, Marcel"

   "Yes?"

   "Do you think...about me?"

   "Uh, yeah"

   "I mean, like, outside of school. Like on a personal level"

I was confused "Yeah, you're my best friend

   "No, I mean- ugh never mind"

   "Oh alright then"

   "marvel, um, you wanna sound the night at my house?"

My face turned a bright red.

   "Um, okay. when?"

   "Tonight, at like, 8"

   "Alright, uh, see you then"

   "Bye"

   "Bye"

Ugh, I disgust myself, why am I so awkward?

I am so surprised to have a friend like Annie. But how?

And, why?