37 | Cecilia's Wolf

Cecilia

  Jackson reclined on the bed as I stood up, his eyes never leaving me as I headed for the closet to find something to wear for the party tonight. It was still hard to believe that this room was mine. Jerome and the others had decorated it and filled the closet with more clothes for me. It was my room here at the club. Apparently all the coven members had a room here, even if they didn't live here full time.

I pawed through the dress side of the closet and felt my nerves rising again. Even with Jackson's calm and reassuring words, I couldn't help but be nervous about meeting the pack tonight. I kept replaying Alice's reaction when she found out I'd set things up for the coven to help Bane's pack. Even though they were there to help save the lives of her pack members, she couldn't get over the prejudice. I didn't want the pack to hate me, not now that I'd gotten to know them all. I cared about every single pack member and I didn't think I could handle it if they all started to hate me.

"Relax, Cecilia," Jackson called through the closed closet door. "They're going to love you just as much as they did when you were human!"

I smiled slightly at his words. I loved the fact that he knew I was nervous and was trying to make me feel better. His words were optimistic and more than likely not true at all, but I knew that as long as I had him by my side, I could deal with the pack.

Nerves back under control, I grabbed the dress my hand was already touching, ready to get down to the party before they made another comeback. It was a pretty, light blue cocktail dress with a sweetheart neckline. The dress was perfect. I ran my hands across the sequins covering the tight fitting chest piece and smiled down at the flare of tulle under the empire waistline.

I slid the dress off its hanger and slid it over my head, tugging until everything was straight and where it was supposed to be. I dug through the shoes until I was able to find some low, silver heels that would perfectly match the sequins. I moved to the cute vanity in the corner and found some basic make up supplies. I would need to add some more eventually, but there was plenty there for the party tonight.

I could feel Jackson's impatience as I finished off my look with a quick and cute up-do. I swung open the closet door and walked out.

Jackson's eyes widened as he sat straight up on the bed. "Wow," he breathed. "You look beautiful, baby," he told me, getting off the bed and pulling me into his arms. He kissed me softly and I smiled as he pulled away.

"Thank you," I replied, running my hands down his arms as I pulled away from the embrace. I kept hold of his hands and asked, "You ready to party?"

He laughed. "I'm ready when you are."

I couldn't help stepping back into his arms and kissing him again. His thoughts seemed to be in line with mine as his arms wrapped tightly around me, pulling me close as he deepened the kiss. For a moment, I forgot all about the party downstairs in my honor and just threw myself into the kiss. All too soon, sense reinvaded my body and I pulled back slowly.

"I love you so much," he whispered, resting his forehead against mine.

"I love you, too," I whispered back, unable to take my eyes off of his glowing ones. I knew that Rafe was there with us as well.

"We'd better get downstairs before we get distracted again," Jackson suggested with a grin, pulling away but keeping my hand firmly in his. I allowed him to pull me from my new room and to the stairs where Xavier was waiting for us.

He eyed us sternly as we stopped beside him. "Stay here," he ordered. "I have to announce Ceci and then you can walk her down the stairs and into the club."