Chapter 8

Normal POV

Midoriya I-

"Its not like that!"

There was space between them before you could blink, Midoriya then scrambling to the floor to retrieve the book he didn't even realize he'd let fall.

The new voices that interrupt them rounded the corner revealing Uraraka and Mina.

"There you guys are, Mina and some others approached us and said they were going out for ice-cream, Iida agree we should go too (*cough team mom *cough*) Uraraka chimed going up to deku getting really closed. "and I really need it after all of those confusing equations- hey why's your face so red?"

"Um ..uh nothing I just - WAIT I still need to get Iida's English book!"

"Midoriya rushed of focused completely shifting with Uraraka trailing after him.

Mina who was...very uncharacteristically quiet walked over to Shouto since it looks like she's been ditch.

"Hey Todoroki you coming with us?"

Shouto gave no emotion except calm as he answered.

"I suppose."

"That Great! what- OH MY GOD IS THAT!"

Todoroki was a bit suprise at the girls sudden out burst but didn't show. She surprised that there wasn't a cliche old lady coming around the corner to shush them, seeing that this was a library after all.

She nearly push him over grabbing the same white book with small hearts and traditional designs and flowes he had before.

"I love this book, its so Romantic but Tragic though, " Mina paused looking around them taking in their surroundings. "Hey .. this is the Romance Novel Section, I didn't know you were into this stuff. You like Romance and Love Novels Todoroki?" Mina said playful nudging him with a cheeky smile.

"Not Particularly...." His eyes held an Indescribable sadness as his gaze lingered towards the direction storked off in.

"But the subject ...is interesting."

He's not sure what he himself was about to say...but he knew. something was different.

.............. ..

The days went on as if nothing happened. But they would still kiss multiple times a day, both of them insinuating it randomly at times but none of them questioned it after wards, completely dismissing the previous few seconds going back to whatever they were doing.

To them It was still a playfull Secret Practice between 'friends.' Though I think they both could agree they definitely didn't need 'practice" anymore but neither said a thing.

Midoriya would only do it when he was positively sure they were alone, mostly when they were in each others room's.

Todoroki how ever would constantly take risk, doing it people were in the other room, or in semi public spaces, foing it were there's a chance he might get caught. Midoriya didn't understand why he did it, and gave up asking since he'd never get a straight answer.

He'd only frown when Todoroki chuckled at his expression and they both go back to whatever.

Even when they were alone they would never talk about.

Todoroki in particular always looked like he wanted to say something. but never did.

'Maybe there's nothing to say?'

..........

Before they knew Uraraka and Midoriya's day was 5 days away.

And Two boys had a hard time sleeping this past week.

11:45 and the youngest Todoroki's futon was cold and empty, said boy stood out on his balcony, the chill of the night time breeze not fazing him at all.

His thoughts scambled and hazy, enough to keep from calm his head to fall asleep. The subject being the little freckled who changed his life.

Midoriya.

It was different now.

The kisses.....he likes them, at first he thought he 'maybe just like the sensation, but even if it was he tried and really couldn't think of kissing anyone else-of 'wanting' to kiss anyone else to be close to them like he comes to like being with Midoriya.

His thought were always centered around the boy even before their little agreement but now it was more so, and in things that he's pretty sure 'just friends' were supposed to do. They obviously already crossed a line with their first kiss but that didn't have to move from there, but it has.

Try to do his home or eat or even just sleep and he's stuck mulling over how soft the smallers lips were, how someone so small and baby with the cutest cheeks was so well statured, Todoroki liked the way his freckles pop when he gets really flustered and red.

He loved the feelings of their hands being snugly lock their hands together.

He like being around Midoriya, he liked being with Midoriya, having his full attention, at least the thought of it.

Uraraka he had no distance for the girl at all. But she's the one that obviously had all of Midoriya's affection.

Affection that Todoroki now realized he liked and wanted for himself.

He liked Midoriya's company, Midoriya's lips on his..... He liked Midoriya's.

If he didn't, it wouldn't hurt so much when he saw him with Uraraka, he wouldn't the subtile touches she would give him and send a disturbed chill down his spine.

Todoroki wasn't stupid, he knew what jealousy felt like, he just haven't endured it in this way before.

After his self realization there was almost a pocket of peace, his chest swelling with warm comforting heat.

He liked someone, in love possibly probably? It was in that same way his mother use to describe, those stories his mother use to tell him with sides of blossoming romance. Romance Shouto oblivious, child mind completely dismissed mostly being to young to understand.

But he felt it now, he's positive he's being feeling it for a while now....but he can no longer be in denial of himself.

He loves Midoriya.

Todoroki cracked a small smile on the dark balcony, eye's lidded and lingering on the lights in the distance. It felt good.

"I love Midoriya." he whispered finally putting the peices togerther.

But it didn't last, the smile slipping off his face, chest going cold.

It could never work out he thought. to many problems, reality itself was in his way.

First off Midoriya is a boy

He likes someone else,

They both already confessed their feeling for each other and are going on their first date in a couple of days.

Midoriya probably doesn't feels any of what Todoroki feels for him.

Their friends, really great friends but.... just friends.

Todoroki gave a bitter laugh...

Nothing ever works in his faver does it? but just like everything else there's nothing he can do, he got we he needed of his chest, turning around and head back inside, he slid the door closed and slid in his futin with a frustrated sigh.

Snuggles into the sheets, she turned to his side faving the the plain wall, 'At least I doesn't have to lie to myself anymore, or be hopefully confused.

Midoriya date is on Saturday and after that he and Uraraka would be official, he's sure Midoriya would be happy.

If he's happy, I'm happy."

Todoroki's consciousness faded the last, his last thought an ulmost untouchable figured of green. Shouto felt asleep before he could register the lone tear sliding down his cold cheek.

'Midoriya.'

"*****************************†***