•XII•

YOUR POV

Avoiding things is basically how you've lived your life until now. You've avoided detentions in high school, idiots at work and now you've successfully avoided a conversation about why Junghyun's little brother called you 'Princess'.

The boys got distracted easily anyway, you thought they must have forgotten about it but for some reason it was still ringing over and over again in your head.

The five of you wondered around the shops for about half an hour, you got to know Kook's hyungs well and they seemed to like you back.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Taehyung called with a smile on his face, "Don't you think this necklace looks nice?"

You nodded at him but your eyes hadn't even glanced anywhere in the direction of the necklace, they were glued to Jungkook.

Why is he so quiet? Maybe something's wrong. I should go talk to him... No, why would I do that?

However, you didn't need to even bother debating with yourself anymore because he started walking towards you himself.

You stood still anticipating to hear his voice...

"That necklace looks horrible." He scowls, "I would never pay for that."

"Probably because you barely have enough money to pay for it in the first place." You bite back, earning an intense glare from the other.

Jimin looked at both of you, first worried but then a smirk grew on his face. "So this is how people flirt now? Cute."

"Flirting?" Jungkook mimics, eyes wide open in shock. "With her?"

Jimin shrugs, ignoring the signs of pure anger in Jungkook's eyes. "I'm not the one that called her 'Princess'."

"Oh, he's got you there, Kookie!" Tae giggles. "I think you two would be an adorable couple! Like..."

"Ariel and Eric!" Jimin finishes off.

"Hyung, mermaids aren't real." Jungkook points out.

"And neither is your girlfriend." You tease.

Jungkook faces you fully and raises an eyebrow, "You think I can't get a girlfriend?"

"Not a chance." You reply confidently, crossing your arms as you stand up straight.

He shrugs before pointing to the pretty girl behind the counter, "Then let's make a deal. By the end of two weeks she'll be my girlfriend."

"How do I know that you don't already know her?" You ask.

"Because Kookie's normally too afraid of girls to go anywhere near them!" Junghyun speaks up, causing the whole group to burst out laughing.

Jungkook pushes his tongue against the inside of his cheek and taps his foot on the floor impatiently. "Guys! Hello?!"

"Alright, alright." You say, catching your breathe. "If you get her to be your girlfriend in two weeks you get the satisfaction of proving me wrong but what if you don't?"

"You have to have (Y/N) as your girlfriend for two weeks!" Tae says loudly.

"Deal." Jungkook smirks.

"What?! I didn't agree to that!" You protest, "That's not fair!"

"Worried that you won't get a chance to be my girlfriend, Princess?" Jungkook asks, clearly amused by your expression. "You'll get your turn soon."

"Excuse me?!" You shout, "There's no way I'm going to be your girlfriend!"

"Hello?" A high voice drew everyone's attention immediately, "No shouting in here, please."

You look to the counter, the girl was over there a second ago and now she's in front of you with a smile plastered across her face; a sick, fake smile.

"Sorry, sweetheart." Jungkook grins. "Didn't mean to disturb you."

Here we go. He's going to start flirting with her, isn't he? Ugh, I don't want to see this.

She rolled her eyes at Kook, maybe she's just used to get hit on? "Don't do it again."

"We won't." You reply before Jungkook could comment with another cheesy comment, "Let's go to the shop over there!"

You scurry out of the shop, holding both Jimin and Taehyung by their wrists as you drag them out too.

"Jealous, Princess?" Jungkook strides in.

"Why would I be jealous?" You huff.

"You clearly didn't like seeing Kookie flirt with the assistant..." Junghyun shrugs. "And you just dragged us into another shop to get away from her."

"Did not! I just thought that this was a good place to find a present!"

"So you won't mind if I go back and talk to that hot employee, right?" Jungkook asks, looking back in the direction of the other shop.

You scoff and roll your eyes, "Go ahead you thirsty little-"

"Bye!" Kook squeals while running away.

What bad thing did I do to deserve to meet Jeon Jungkook?!

A/N - Any recommendations on what to name the employee?