Together

Cody's POV

As I watched my dream girl walk down the hall with her boyfriend, I felt my heart start to ache, wishing that I was the one she loved. Even though I had set Gwen and Trent up together, I still felt a longing to be with Gwen, but I knew that would never happen.

I turned to my locker, away from the happy couple, and began to pull my science book out. Science was the only bearable class I had due to the fact Gwen was in it, and I sat next to her. I started to walk towards my class when someone came up behind me, turning me around.

It was Sierra, my professional stalker. Most people would think that having a number one fan would be great, it would be, unless it was Sierra. "Hey Codykins!" she greeted with a smile. I smiled back, hoping that would make her leave. It didn't. She continued to follow me the whole way to my class. Luckily, my friend Bridgette pulled me aside to make Sierra leave.

Bridgette was one of the very few people I could trust at this school. She was the only person who knew how much I liked Gwen, and I planned to keep it that way. On the outside, my crush looked like every other dumb high school crush, but Bridgette and I both knew that it was a lot deeper than that.

As class started, I looked over to Gwen's chair, only to realize she wasn't in class today. I got worried because she almost never skipped class, I hoped she was okay. Throughout the class I didn't pay much attention to the lesson, I just zoned out and passed notes with Bridgette.

When the last bell rang, I ran out of the school and towards my house. Gwen's house was on the way so I decided to stop by and make sure everything was okay. As I got closer to her house, I realized that her mother was home. This was very unusual because she worked late because she was an only parent.

I walked up to the door and tapped my hand against the door, waiting for an answer. Ms.Johnson, Gwen's mom, answered the door. "Hey is Gwen here?" I asked awkwardly. Ever since we were younger, Gwen and I were great friends, so her mother lead me inside with a small smile.

I walked up to Gwen's room, remembering where it was from all the times we would hang out in the past. Before I knocked on the door, I heard a strange noise coming from inside, it sounded like someone was crying. Without thinking about what I was doing, I slowly opened the door, and what I saw was something I never wanted to see.