Tears and Talking

Gwen's POV

I was laying in bed, replaying the images in my head.

Trent had kissed Lindsay.

-I walked towards my science class after parting ways with Trent. I smiled thinking about how happy he made me. When I finished thinking of Trent, I realized I had forgotten my science book in my locker. Trent and I had lockers right next to each other, so I hoped I would see him one last time before class. I did see him, just not how I had planned. He was standing in the middle of the hallway, holding someone. I couldn't recognize who it was so I moved closer, it's was Lindsay. They were kissing. I ran out of the school, trying to wipe the tears away, I loved him, but he didn't love me. I got to my house and called my mother, hoping she would help. But all I could do was cry and cry-

The more I thought of it, the more I cried. I had left school early, hoping that would make me feel better, it didn't. My mom came home to try to comfort me, it didn't work. All I wanted to do was cry forever, forget Trent, and be alone. I couldn't forget Trent, but at least I was alone.

I was laying on my bed, so engulfed in my own thoughts that I didn't realize the knock on the door. I then heard the doorknob turn. I had expected my mother, but the person I saw took me by surprise.

Cody's POV

"I just want to be alone right now mom", I heard Gwen say. Her voice sounded broken, nothing like the voice I loved so much. "It's me", I responded after a few minutes. She looked up from her pillow, so many emotions showing on her beautiful face. "Why are you here?" she asked in a hurt tone.

I shut the door behind me and looked at the room in front of me. It had changed so much since the last time her and I had hung out. When we were younger, Gwen was so carefree and happy, but ever since high school, she seemed upset and lonely. That's why I set her up with Trent, whenever she was around him she acted like the twelve year old girl I used to know, and that made me unbelievably happy. Even though I loved her, I wanted her to be with the one she loved, and since she was happy I was happy.

"I saw you weren't in science today so I wanted to make sure you were okay", I said, handing her the homework for that week. "Oh, thanks", she responded weakly. I was making my way towards the door until I heard her voice, "Can you just, um, sit with me for a while?" she asked me awkwardly. I smiled and sat next to her on her bed. She put her head on my shoulder, the way she used to when we were younger.

"So why'd you leave early?" I asked her. She sighed, waiting a minute to respond, "I-i kinda s-saw Trent kissing s-someone else", she let out, followed by her crying. My eyes went wide after hearing that, Trent? Kissing someone else? How could he do that?

I put my hand on Gwen's shoulder, trying to make her feel better, but she continued sobbing. We sat like that for a while, me holding Gwen, until she finally tired her self out with all the crying she had done.