Him

Gwen's POV

After Cody had taken me home, the tears started to fall, but he stayed with me through it all. We sat on the steps up to my house, him holding me. I was falling apart, Nick was my only sibling, I loved him so much, and now he was gone.

My mother was called before I was, but she wasn't able to make it in time. She walked up the steps to our house, taking a seat beside me, holding my hand.

"It's going to be alright, we'll get through this, together, you, me, and Cody." She said, her voice quavering. That made me feel even worse, being without Nick, the tears continued to fall, and they seemed to never stop.

Cody's POV

I held Gwen in my arms, rocking her back and forth, humming songs until she finally started to calm down.

"I'm going to go inside to start making lunch", Ms.Johnson said, standing up. She nodded her head at me then turned away and walked inside.

Gwen's POV

I was in Cody's arms, letting all the tears flow out. Cody was so nice, and I felt better with him than I ever did with Trent. I started bunking of all the times Cody had been there for me, and it added up to a whole lot more than Trent. My thoughts were a jumble of memories, all colliding into each other. We sat in silence until Cody said something.

"It's about to rain, I think we should go inside." I looked up at the sky, not realizing how dark it was before Cody mentioned it. I nodded, slowly getting up. With our luck, the rain started poring before we could even start walking into the house.

"Well, we're already soaked so, I guess we could just walk around for a little but then," I said, the rain and tears making my mascara run.

Cody's POV

We held hands, walking up and down the street, when suddenly Gwen stopped to look up at the sky.

"Isn't it crazy to think about all of this, the pain, the lies, the hatred, all the horrible things that have happened, yet the world goes on, with its peacefulness and beauty just the same as always," she began, "I wish we could be like that, always happy and peaceful."

I stared at her, confused by her sudden change in mood. Her eyes met mine and we looked at each other for a while, saying nothing.

Gwen finally broke the silence, "Cody, you're a really great friend, you know?" I felt my heart sink, thinking I was only her friend, it hurt, but I knew that's all she wanted us to be.

"But I really want to be more than that", she said, looking at the sky then back at me. My eyes widened, was she really saying what I thought she was saying?

Gwen's POV

Cody looked at me, eyes wide, I smiled up at him, then closed the gap between us, putting my lips against his.

This probably seems like the cheesiest thing ever, the girl falling for the guy, kissing in the rain. I usually would've agreed, but at this moment, I couldn't have been happier.