35. The Deal

(The picture has nothing to do with the story. I just thought it was relatable)

Corbyns P.O.V.
I ran into the house and continued my search.

I had already looked in the living room, kitchen, other living room, bathrooms, most of the bedrooms and reading space which I'm not sure why Zach has a reading space, he never reads.

I was about to give up when I heard talking. It was coming from outside the front door. I looked through the peep hole to see a girl talking to Jonah. He had a few tears on his face and she looked serious.

I waited until she left and then stepped outside

He looked at me a little worried

"What all did you hear?" He asked

"Not much actually. What did that girl say?"

"N-nothing. I gotta go" he turned to leave

"Jo, what did she say"I grabbed his arm

"Oh cant tell anyone. Not even Cyryn"

"...okay. I won't tell anyone"

"Promise"

"I promise I won't tell anyone. Not even Christina or Cyryn"

"That girl's name is Amalia. She said that she's going to bully either me or Cyryn. Shannon sent her. She said she'll give me a little mercy and let me choose between me, Cyryn or the both of us getting hurt. Of course I told her to hurt me, I can't stand to see Cyryn hurt."

"And that's why you're crying? I thought it was because Cyryn was mad at you. But im proud of you, you finally found out who you truly love...although it has the price of being beaten up...but still"

"She's mad at me?"

"...yeah. You tried to force her to drink"

"Because I wanted to tell her that I was sorry and I loved her. I didn't want to mess anything up in case she didn't feel the same. Now I can't"

"Sure you can, all you have to do is talk to her"

"No, I can't"

"Jonah we need to work on your self esteem. Come on I'll go with you"

"Corbyn you don't get it! I can't because that was part of a deal I made with Amalia!"

"W-what? Jonah what was te full deal?!"

"She only beats me up and not Cyryn if I stay away from Cyryn. I can't talk to her in any kind of way. I can't walk with her. I can't touch her. I have to avoid her at all costs. And I agreed because it meant she'd be safe." Jonah broke down and I let him cry on my shoulder.

"So she didn't show you mercy?"

"No. I told her not to hurt Cyryn, that I'd do anything as long as she didn't get hurt"

I took a moment to think. This is going to tear Cyryn apart

"What about Meadow? And the rodeo? You promised Cyryn you'd be there"

"I'll go but I can't talk to her. And every time she's over I'm going to have to act like I'm not home or something." He cried more

"I'll try and help"

"Just make sure she doesn't think I hate her. Tell her I'm really busy or something. Make sure she doesn't find out about the situation"

Cyryns P.O.V.
I was wondering where Corbyn had fun off to so I started looking for him. Christina and I were also ready to head home.