•020

I wan kith

§

It had felt like a step too far, to sleep in the same bed. One foot into an intimacy that wasn't befitting the kind of relationship you had with RM. But, when you broached the subject, you were met with a swift "We literally just had sex, how is sleeping together more intimate than that?", and that stole the wind from your sails, a bit.

You'd sat back in the pillows- seriously, his bed was so plush- a little stiffly, earning a risen eyebrow. It still felt awkward- coupley. That wasn't what this was supposed to be. A casual fling. You hadn't participated in this kind of relationship before, so perhaps this was the norm, but it certainly felt a little weird. "If you don't want to, I have a spare room."

The look on his face got a rise out of your more stubborn side, though. It felt like he was looking down on you, so, after much consideration, you set your shoulders and said, "No, I don't care if you don't."

You turned your bare back to him, combing fingers through your messy hair. There was a moment of silence, and it felt strangely tense, until he gave a short sigh, and the mattress creaked with the motion of him standing up. "Well, I'm going to go shower. The room in the corner in an ensuite if you feel the need to do the same."

Why was it so awkward? What was this feeling in the pit of your stomach? This felt wrong. Like you shouldn't be here. Your heart was conflicting with your mind. You both did and didn't want to be here, and the confusion stemmed from which was the right desire to feel. This was wrong... right?

Sighing, softly, you wondered if it was just your imagination that things were changing. Shaking that thought off, you decided to take his suggestion, padding over to the ensuite to clean up.

The ensuite bathroom had a mirrored ceiling. It made you embarrassed to look, but somehow you couldn't stop, enthralled by the extra view it gave of all the marked up skin around your back and shoulders and neck. Drying off, you wrapped the towel around you and left the room, slipping back into your own underwear and wondering exactly what you were supposed to wear other than that. You didn't fancy sleeping in the blouse and skirt you'd come in. Pulling your hair up into a ponytail, you rolled your shoulders lightly, gaze falling on RM's button up, that had been left on the chair it had landed on when carelessly tossed aside earlier.

You bit your lips, then sighed, putting on the camisole you'd had on under the blouse instead. It was a little uncomfortable, more decorative than sleepwear, but it'd have to do. At least there was no bra. It felt inappropriate, to say the least, to wear his clothes. Too... domestic.

Sighing again, you sat down on the bed, rummaging through your clothes for your phone. You had a lot of missed calls, and texts, when you found it, having slipped out of your pocket and onto the floor. Pressing your lips together, you ignored all of Jimin's messages and called Taehyung instead- knowing that the former would definitely shriek down the line at you immediately.

As usual, it was a long wait before Tae managed to actually pick up. He sounded tired. "Y/N?" He paused, a moment, "You know Jiminie's freaking out?"

"Why do you think I'm calling you?" You didn't have the energy to deal with the blonde, not with all the things buzzing around in your head. "You guys are home tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. Probably midday." His voice was low. No doubt he was trying to avoid Jimin overhearing. "We'll swing by the Boss' place on the way. Are you alright?"

The genuine concern in his voice caught you off guard, making you forget your troubles in lieu of the smile that came to your lips. "Yeah. I wasn't, but I am now."