Chapter 1 ❤️

Ariana sighed and rolled over onto her back. She laid in that position for a minute before she sat up and got out of bed. She brushed back her hair with her fingers while she tip-toed to the bathroom.

She had to walk quietly because she feared of waking up her step-mother. Step-mother. Ariana winced at the thought of her. This year had been tough for Ariana. Her mother passed away two years ago when Ariana was 15. A year ago her father had married another woman named Caroline. Just a few months ago, that same woman murdered her father.

*flashback*

Ariana walked into the kitchen for a midnight snack. When she walked into the doorway she saw her father and Caroline kissing. Ariana watched as she was just starting to finally approve of the idea of her being her new mother. Then Caroline pulled away, looked at Ariana's father, and stabbed him. Ariana screamed. "Daddy!" She ran over to her father who laid motionless and lifeless on the floor. Caroline looked surprised, she obviously didnt know Ariana was watching them. Ariana looked up at her, eyes watering and tears rolling down her face. "Why?" Ariana said, "Why would you do this!" Caroline laughed, "That can't be a serious question, or are you stupider than I thought?" Ariana stared at her with confusion in her eyes. Caroline sighed, "I guess you are stupider than I thought, I never really actually liked your pathetic father. I just wanted his money. Obviously." Caroline leaned against the table and looked at the ring Ariana's father had bought her. Ariana stood up, "If you think you're gonna get away with this then you're wrong! You're wrong!" Ariana ran towards the kitchen door. She planned to get her phone and call the police. Caroline moved quicker than her. She held up the knife to Ariana's throat and Ariana gulped. "No, you're the one who's wrong. And if you go and try to tell anyone about this," She moved the knife closer to Ariana's throat, "I'll make sure you're dead before you can finish your story." She set the knife down. Ariana was too scared to moved so she just watched as Caroline set down the knife. Caroline turned back to Ariana and shoved her into the wall. Ariana screamed as pain burst throughout her. She fell onto her knees and half crawled, half ran to her room and shut the door.

She locked her bedroom door and sat on the floor with her head in her knees and cried.