Chapter 2 ❤️

*present time*

Ariana was inside the doorway of the bathroom when a hand violently pulled her back by her collar. "Me first," Caroline smirked and shut the bathroom door. Ariana sighed and went back into her room because she knew Caroline would take three hours minimum in there. She sat on her bed and rubbed her neck. Ariana rested against her pillow and checked her phone. It was already 7:20. She jumped up and ran to the bathroom where Caroline still was.

"Caroline!"

"WHAT?!"

"I only have five minutes to get ready for school! C'mon!"

"WHO CARES!" Caroline had to scream over the blow-dryer.

"Well obviously not you," Ariana mumbled.

Ariana ran to the kitchen and looked at the clock on the microwave. She still had three minutes left. Ariana grabbed the closet cup she could find and filled it with water to rinse her mouth. She leaned over the sink and spit out the water.

"Ugh, this is so gross," she said to herself.

The only option she had was to grab a piece of gum and ride her bike to school.

"I'M LEAVING NOW," Ariana yelled to the bathroom door.

"GOOD!" Caroline screamed back.

Why do I even bother anymore , Ariana thought as she headed out the door and got onto her bike and sped to school.

She opened the door to her first period classroom. Everyone stared at her as she walked in. Mr. Attansio, her math teacher, said, "You're late, Ariana."

"Yeah, I know," Ariana walked to the middle of the classroom to take her seat.

"Do you want to come up in front of the class to tell us why you were late?"

"Uh, no thank you."

"Well, you have to anyways."

Ariana heard snickers from the back of the classroom.

Her cheeks flushed bright red as she walked to the front of the class.

"You know you're not supposed to be late in my class," Mr. Attansio said.

"Yes, I know."

"So then why are you late?"

"Well I wa-"

"Don't talk back to me!"

"But you asked me why I was la-"

"Are you talking back again?!"

"No," Ariana paused. "Sir. I'm-"

"You watch that mouth young lady."

"But I didn-"

He pointed a finger at her.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

Now Ariana heard laughs from all around the room. Ariana held back tears and kept her head down all the way back to her seat.

A note slid across her desk and she grabbed it before Mr. Attansio saw it.

Don't let them get to you, princess.

They're just big meanies. :)

Ariana looked at her best friend, Jai, and smiled. Jai was the only one who she told about her step-mother and what had happened to her father. Just to be safe though, she told him through the "secret code" they had made up in sixth grade.

Jai smiled back at her and her day became slightly better.