Chapter 5 ❤️

Jason reached the end of the stairs where Ariana lay. He bent down so that his face was next to hers.

"No one hears a word about this," he said. Ariana mumbled something that wasn't quite English. Jason stood up.

"Get out," he pointed to the door. Ariana without hesitating stumbled out the door. The street was empty. She lifted up her shirt a little and saw a big purple-ish bruise on her stomach. Nothing was noticeable except for a cut on her arm from it scraping against the wall.

Ariana walked back home in pain.

"Where have you been?" Ariana's step-mother asked more angrily than concerned.

"A friend's."

"Well you made a good choice in not inviting them here. I don't feel like cleaning up that blood stain on the kitchen floor."

Ariana walked away without saying a word. She went into her room and locked the door. She fell onto the ground and started crying. Ariana didn't want to stay here. The only other place she could think of was Jai's.

While Ariana's step-mother was taking one of her 3 hour long showers, Ariana packed a few outfits, a water bottle, and some snacks. She quietly snuck out and was on her way to Jai's.

*at Jai's*

Jai heard a knock on the door. No one else was home so he walked to the door trying to act like a ninja. He slowly opened the door and peeked through.

"Ariana?!" he swung the door fully open. She had a backpack that looked stuffed, her eyes were red from crying, and he thought he saw a bruise on her stomach. Ariana didn't say a word, she just burst out in tears.

"Come here," Jai said as he put his arm around her shoulder and guided her into his house. They sat down on the couch and Ariana told him what had happened. (Although her story was half sniffling) Jai hugged her and Ariana put her head on his shoulder. She was fast asleep and Jai wiped the tears off her face. He didn't want to sleep. He wanted to watch over her and protect her. He always had.