Chapter 6

After she convinced Lane of something that I never got to know, we drove to Barnes&Noble. She was so excited, she literally was jumping up and down in the seat of my truck. She looked at me and smiled, her eyes gleaming with happiness.

"So you like books?" I ask and she nods. "You little nerd!" I laugh and she joins in. We eventually get to the point of where we can't breathe. She looks at me. Straight in the eye and we made a silent agreement there and then.

One that we would never hurt each other on purpose.

Without warning myself, I Leander forward and pressed my lips against hers. I feel her tiny arms go around my neck and her fingers intertwine themselves in my dark, curly hair. My hands go to her small waist and I lean in just a bit more.

She pulls away first for breath, but color rushes to her cheeks and she exits the car.

"I'm in for it." I mumble to myself. She knocks on my window scaring the crap out of me. I grab my heart as if I was having a heart attack and get out of the car.

Mikki walks on my left side and she puts her hands in her pockets. I put my right hand in my pocket, but left my other hand hanging by my side. I'm looking straight at the door, to nervous to make eye contact, when I feel long, thin fingers intertwine with mine. I look down to see Mikki now looking intently at the doors. I gave her hand a little squeeze as we walked into the book store.

She let's go as soon as she sees the first book. The book store had just recently put up a John Green display. She holds the book up to me with a smile. I didn't even take time to read the cover before I asked if she wanted the book.

"No, but you should really read it!" She was too enthusiastic about this.

"You're forgetting that I'm actually a nerd!" I playfully half-yell. She mocks hurt and laughs. "I've already read it!"

"I guess I keep forgetting with all of your tattoos!" She yells back in the same tone as I did as she put the book back down and walked over to me. She grabbed my left wrist with her hand and flipped it over so my palm was facing up. She pointed to the red skin with a black bow on it. She flipped her own left hand over and showed me a tattoo I didn't even know she had. It was a black arrow.

Between the two of us, we had a bow and an arrow.

Bow and arrow.

~~~

After a good hour, we were still in the book store. We had decided to go to a small coffee shop that was in Barnes&Noble. (The one in Indy has it)

We just sat in a comfortable silence. Neither one of us needing to speak or wanting to. I sat on one end of the small, but cozy couch and Mik sat next to me, where hand in mine.

"Mikki," I couldn't stop myself from saying it. "I know that we haven't known each other for very long, and that you literally just broke up with your boyfriend, but if you would... Would I be- I mean would we- willyoubemygirlfriend?" I blurted. I couldn't stop myself, I thought I had really screwed this up. I looked down at my book, afraid of either answer.

She said nothing, she just took her tiny hands to my chin and pulled up so that I would have to look at her. I smiled with a tear running down her face, and planted a short, sweet kiss on my lips. I embraced her in a hug and pulled her onto my lap.

"I thought you'd never ask nerd!"

A.N. Sorry, I know it's short. But I have some great stuff in store for this!! Keep on reading!!

~Thals