Chapter 9

A.N. 100 reads!!!!!! THAT IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I think you guys will like it more as it goes on.

I woke up in my own bed again. This time with restraints. I couldn't really blame the hospital people. I had taken out most of my vital tubes and crap. A note was on my bedside table.

Dear Nate,

I'm sorry, but I don't remember you. I've been told countless stories by my supposed brother, Lane. I believe that we liked each other and I feel awful that I don't remember. Can we talk???

Mikayla

Oh my Word! Mikki doesn't remember me. I try me best to reach the button. I press it and a nurse comes in nonchalantly five minutes later. This one is older, looks more experienced with nut cases like me.

"It's good to see that you're up." She says with a slight attitude.

"Please take these off of me." I say in the calmest tone possible, gesturing to the black belts holding me to the white bed.

"Do you promise not to run off and find Mikayla again?" She questions as she rolls her eyes.

"Yes." I mutter through gritted teeth. I just want to make sure that she is okay. She timidly moves over and unbuckled all of the straps. Finally!

"The doctor will be in to check on you." She says with no emotion as she walks out of the room.

The doctor comes in about five minutes later. He comes in with a smile so bright, it beats out the color of the walls.

"Well, I'm glad to see that you are awake and cooperating." His smile, if at all possible, gets bigger.

"Yes." My teeth gritted still. "I just want to now how Mikk- Mikayla Teer is doing?"

"Oh yes of course! You broke out of your room to go see her while she was still recovering!" He adds emphasis to the word out. "She is recovering as well as we hoped so far. Her voice box wasn't as badly damaged as we had previously thought. Her memory on the other hand..." He drifted off in his words.

"Her-her voice box?" My voice cracked. It hadn't done that since middle school. "She can't sing?" I remembered how I had never heard her sing before. I had never gotten the chance to hear the girl I love sing.

"Well not at the moment. There were glass shards in her throat, how she's still alive I don't know. Especially since she got some glass in her brain a-"

"Her WHAT?!" I yell. I know I should keep my temper on a minimum, but Mikki hasn't really finished telling me how.

"Temper, Mr.Whitt!" He states like a teacher. "I will let you see her if you let us take you in a wheelchair and with all the tubes needed for your survival.

"Fine. But how come I'm fine? I don't feel hurt at all." I question. I know that she was hit head on but at the speed the car was going we should bother be dead.

"It was a truly interesting case in fact. You and your friend were not hurt as badly as you should've been. The man who hit you was killed on impact, even though he was drunk." The doctor says with no emotion at all. You would think that if a person dies, him being a doctor, but he wasn't even in the slightest remorse.

"Who was the guy?" I ask for Mikki's sake. I want to know who hurt her, even if the guys already dead.

"A man named Jon Teer." Mikki's last name? Her parent abandoned her and her sister when she was little. I remember when she told me.

~flashback~

We say across from each other over the Monopoly game board.

"Okay! So I passed go I gat to ask you a question!" We were playing that when you pass go, you ask a question instead of two hundred dollars. I liked it. A lot! "Okay, don't hate me for this question, but do you know who your real parents are?" She just nods. Tears coming to her eyes.

"Jon and Sally Teer." She states with no facial expression. She fought back the tears and rolled the dice.

~flashback ends~

"HER FATHER?!" I yell. I was infuriated. Her own father did this. And now he was dead.