Chapter 4

(Time lapse(is that how you say it??) of one week. Nate and Mikki are friends and they hang out a little bit. Mikki is dating Jackson and has been all week) (just so you know;))

"Hey Lane!" I half-yell as I walk down the hall of school.

"Hey Nate!" He yells back as he laughs.

"Funny." I say with sarcasm. "What are you doing this weekend?" Over the past week Lane and I have become pretty good friends. Same with Mikki. She's actually very nice, and note as crude and sarcastic when you get to know her. We're pretty nice except for when one of us beats the other at a test.

"Just hanging, why? Wanna hang out?" He asks as he grabs something from his locker and shuts it.

"Are you asking me out?" I batt my eyelashes and put a hand over my heart. We both started laughing. It was especially funny because I'm a good four inches taller than him.

"What are you two goofballs laughing about?" I heard from behind me and I quickly turned around, running my nose into an open locker.

"Ow!" I pout as I hold my nose.

"Aww! Cwumsy wittel you!" Mikki mimics my pout and sticks her bottom lip out revealing a small scar. She makes me take my hands down from my nose and examines it. Hitting the bridge for good measure.

"Hey!" I pout again. She just laughs and throws her head back. I think that she is perfect when she does that.

"Hey babe!" Jackson comes from behind her and wraps his arms around her waist and begins kissing her neck.

"Ugh! Get a room you two!" Lane yells, then obviously realizing what he said, he retracts and says "I take that back! Stop kissing my sister!" We all laugh and Lane just blushes.

"Let's get pizza and see a movie!" I suggest, wanting to not see anymore of Mikki and Jackson love.

We all go together in one car, my truck, and head to Pizza Hut. We get a booth and I sit with Lane and Mikki and Jackson sit together with his arm around her shoulder.

"Okay," Mikki began, "let's play spin the bottle! With a fork!"

"We're not middle schoolers, Mik!" Lane whisper-shouts. I laugh and look at Mikki who raises her eyebrows.

"Wanna try your luck?" She bites her lip a little seductively, and I can't help but nod like an idiot.

She takes her unused fork and places it in the middle. And spins it with her fingers. The prongs land on Lane. She breaks out into a blush and Lane gulps and coughs. She leans over the table, exposing a little skin to myself, and kisses Lane's cheek.

Lane blushes and spins the fork, and to his dismay, it landed on Jackson. Lane took his own palm and kissed it, then slapped Jackson. He rubbed his cheek and spun the fork.

His outcome was more likable, considering it landed on his girlfriend. He smiled and went in for a make-out session, when Mikki gave him a peck on the lips. Her hand reached for the fork and spun it. The prongs landed on me for once. I felt heat creep up my cheeks.

"Lane, you'll need to move." She says breaking the eye contact she previously had with me to look at Lane, motioning for him to move out of the booth. He got up and she switched place with me. She sits down, her shorts riding up in the slightest, and I gulp. She simply leans up and presses her lips against mine. I feel their softness and her push them out some to deepen it. She pulls away suddenly, making me hunger for more. That is until I realize her actual boyfriend is there.

Mikki moves back to her original seat and we all decide to go to the movies. Mikki the whole car ride, begged to see Captain America, the Winter Solider. We all agreed.

~~~

Afterward, we went to Red Mango and went home. All in all, it was a good day, until I realized that Mikki had a boyfriend.

And the fact that I realized I liked her. Well, more than that.