Chapter 8

A.N. OH MY WORD!!!!! 70 READS!!!!!! Please don't hate me for that cliffhanger!!! It's tough I know. But it all gets better. Maybe.

~Thals

I woke up to white. White walls. White ceiling. White curtains. White everything. It scared me.

Even throughout my sacredness, I had only one thought.

MIKKI.

I woke up fully only to hear the screaming of a heart monitor. Around five people came rushing into the room. All of which tried to put me back down in my bed. I felt something enter into my arm and my eyelids got heavy. I yells out Mikki's name. That's when everything went black again.

~~~

The second time I woke up, I was more calm about it. Even if no bone in my body was in any way calm. I sat up in my bed and looked around. I was alone. I found a red button and pressed it. A nurse came in again. I recognized her from the first time.

"I'm glad to see that you're awake Nathan." She smiled as she said that. She checked my monitor and all of the many tubes poking into me.

"Where's Mikki?" I ask and the nurse just looks at me sympathetically.

"Where's Mikki?" I ask again putting more force into my words.

"She is recovering from surgery." She says her look intensifying.

Surgery? What the heck happened? I know we got hit in a the car, but what could've happened that she would need surgery for?

Internal bleeding? Glass in places glass shouldn't be? What?

"What happened to her that she would need surgery for?!" I half-yell. And not my playful ye I use with Mikki. My heart rate begins to pick up again.

"I'm sorry but that is clas-" I cut her off.

I don't give a freaking crap about what is classified or not! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER!?!?" I am full out yelling now.

"Th-the-There was g-glass in her s-skull and t-throat." The nurse stutters out. She must be new.

"Where is she?" I say suddenly calm. I think that scared her even more.

"248!" She runs out if the room. I look down at all of my pumps and crap and disconnect as many as I find fit. I rapid beeping starts to go off. I do t even care anymore. I run out of my room looking at my room number.

237.

I need 248. I run until I find her room. Tubes are sticking out of her head and arms and throat and mouth. A breathing machine is hooked up to her lungs and a heart monitor to her chest. I don't even care about anything anymore. I'm done. If she doesn't live I'm done.

I hold her hand and sit down. I start crying uncontrollably now. I can't contain it any longer. My hand is in hers when I drift off to sleep.