Ch. 24 - Love Over Pain

Lani's POV

The group only tried to grab things to help her condition so it wouldn't get worst. Ryu was really the only person who knew what to do since he's a senior who took a healthy and services course. He studied well into becoming a surgeon or at least a doctor ever since he watched that Dr. Weird movie.

Once the ambulance came along with the cops they said Annie was going to be okay since she feel off from the second the floor which can't kill a person. A sign of relief went over me I smiled happily for a girl who bullied me, tries to sabotage my life, and hates me for all I know I did to her. She was going to be safe at last.

"What happened here?" The police man asked Ryu first he is the oldest.

"You can ask Yuri that, she was the one who saw it all," he said holding Yuri's shoulders telling her words to calm her down.

"Why don't you tell me what happened," the cop tried to be gentle with her since he knew she was in a  traumatized state.

"I-I was just walking out of the kitchen after making a cup of coffee with Ryu... A-And then I saw her land right in front of me...," she was shivering not because it was cold but fear was gonna make her insane.

"Where was everyone else when this happened?" He asked after having someone to escort Yuri to a near by ambulance to give her warmth and calm down.

"I was in the bathroom," Crest said zipping up his fly. The group looked at him with disgust as the officer pretended that he didn't see anything.

"Me and Camila went to the beach," Hina said as it was clear to them since they were still in their baiting suits with wet sandy hair.

"I just came back from a walk when I stopped at the door to talk to Sinji," he nodded his head and it was all right.

"Is there any adults located?" He was writing stuff down on his notepad while talking to us.

"Yuri's parents are coming here soon so they said to just go on ahead into the house," Sinji answeres the question for us as the officer wrote it down.

"Thanks for your cooperation kids and for contacting us so quickly while helping out your friend," he turned the page and wrote something else down and gave it to me.

"That's the hospital she's staying at until we can get a hold of her parents," I nodded at the officer while he walked away and Yuri came back so I gave her a big bear hug and so did Sinji then everyone else.

"Everything is gonna be alright now," Yuri said after wiping her tears which I can't tell if they're sad or happy.

"What do we do?" Camila asked as we wondered too.

"The day is still early we should go do something before visiting Annie," Yuri said and held out a pamphlet she had in her pocket.

I looked over it myself and saw some beautiful sites that I haven't seen since I lived in America more than here. There were so many sites I wanted to see but it felt quiet selfish not visiting Annie first before going to places. But yet we could get her some souvenirs too cheer her up.

"Me and Hina are going to get changed so we'll be back," Camila said as she wrapped a towel around her neck and walked away from the group with Hina. I watched the walked away while everyone else was stuffing their faces into a brochure.

I signed and looked out towards the sea. My mind was only filled with this accident as it felt like it was all fault she done this. Ever since I stole her stupid "heart" she just suddenly tries to end her life. There was a heavy pain that started to raise in my chest. It then surrounded my chest and it felt like I was heartbroken again but yet, I wasn't by anyone. I tired using breathing exercises to my advantage but it felt like I lost more air and now I'm worrying.

I suddenly felt a firm hand placed on top of my shoulder as there was lunch at the sudden approach. My head turned to catch small black curled as I spotted a smile and found it to be Sinji. His smiled cured me from my sufferings as my body fully turned towards him and the next thing I knew was I was glancing at his pitch black eyes.

"Do you want to go to Mount. Fuji, Lani?" He caressed the lower part of my chin as it sent hot chills up my spine as it tingled.

"I've only gone once for a kimono photoshot, I would love to go again. with my friend," I smiled with all the love in the world packed within as Sinji took out his hand towards me and I grabbed with all strength.

I then noticed that he wasn't pulling me into the group so we can start a journey. He pulled me close into a hug as my face had a surprised red strawberry look. It felt like I was meeting him all over again when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. But at that time we weren't dating any physical and mental contact would kill my heart. This is what it felt like again, just us two strangers getting closer and closer until one of us broke it. But this time, he took too long to close the romantic kiss. So out of desperation, I placed my lips on his quickly and I felt him smirk as he pushed in more to deepen it.

~End~