Foreword

This book welcomes us to the sombre days, and in the same breath, it shows us the light at the end of the tunnel. We are led into worlds through sensual words and precise descriptions.

Jeremy is a combination of young age with great wisdom. His poems share his past difficult experiences, through his current sensitivity and sense of humour. He is only twenty-three, but his heartfelt life observations and wisdom in his poetry would suit a much older man. Reading Jeremy's book was an emotional bittersweet experience for me. Knowing him beforehand, I was thrilled to have this opportunity to get to know him better. Indeed, I am moved by his beautiful writing and his gift of describing his past with such grace and beauty. Yet, it was difficult to learn of all the pain he went through, of how strongly he did not belong. Alas, belonging is one the biggest human yearnings.

Jeremy touches his past self heartfully, courageously. The wise, gentle, endearing, heartbreaking observations in his poetry, connect gracefully to the human soul. Read with consciousness, as some of his poems evoke one to stop and think of oneself:

All my childhood was an act
and I have no idea who I really was
and I have no idea who I really am.
~ ()

Prepare yourself for a powerful, soulful and wildly beautiful journey.

Wishing you a good read,

Lihi Ben Haim,
Founder of Poetry Community

P.S.
As a writer and poet, I tend to avoid the over usage of adjectives. However, as you can see, they took over, no matter how badly I tried to fight them! Maybe you'll understand and forgive me once you begin to read this book.