Outbursts

Around lunch time, Melina had finally relaxed, she only had another hour left of work. If Louis hadn’t come yet, she may just be able to escape before the whirlwind that was Louis Tomlinson appeared. 

Now wouldn’t that have just been great, she would leave before Louis barged into her work place.  The look on his face if that were to happen... Of course, fate was against her as ten minutes and counting before her work ended, a male in a ridiculously red wig, one that would’ve made Carrot Top himself cringe, came running in. 

Melina stared at the newest customer for a few seconds before her eyes widened as she realized who the person was, just as they grinned at her, sapphire eyes blazing.

“FML.”

“Hi Melina.”

~~~

“Are you really going to wear that the whole time?” Melina asked while Louis walked beside her. 

“It’s this or we may start getting chased.”

“Correction, you start getting chased, I make my run for it.” Melina interjected.

Louis turned to grin down at her.  “You really think I’d let you go just like that? You’re not getting rid of me Melina Hanas, no matter how hard you try.”

Melina muttered some explicates under her breath, causing Louis to simply laugh.

“I’m starved, let’s eat!” Louis exclaimed, taking her arm.   

Melina dug her heels into the ground. “Louis I have to get to my apartment.  I have classes tomorrow morning!”

“Classes?” Louis echoed. 

“Yes, classes.”

~~~

“This was not what I meant.” Melina said as she found Louis following her on the subway, carrying a bag of fast food. 

“I told you, you’re not getting rid of me.” Louis countered as he held onto the same pole Melina was holding onto. 

“I’m not trying to get rid of you per say.” Melina sighed. 

Louis looked down curiously at her. 

“Louis, you guys may not be my type of music, but I’ll admit that you guys are good.”

A grin spread across Louis lips.

“But you five are the current international singing sensations, you don’t date girls like me Louis. Especially when you barely know me.” Melina released her breath as she finally admitted truths that had been plaguing her. 

Louis’ jaw dropped, he was about to retort but Melina shook her head at him.

“You should date models, other singers, actresses, and ones that know how to handle the press and fame that come along with being with you. Louis I know you think you like me, but I’m,” Melina bit her lip as she avoided looking at Louis’ hurt expression.   “I’m not anything more to you than just someone hard to get. You’ll chase me until you get me, but then when the chase is over, Louis…”

Louis’ knuckles were white as sheet paper whilst he stared down at Melina.  Yeah he barely knew her, but why else did she think he was so persistent in finding tme for her? And hard to get, the chase, the chase?! That was all she thought of him?!

“I’m so sorry Louis,” Melina apologized looking up at him.  “But we can always be friends.” Melina said before she let go of the pole to get off at her stop.