Chapter 19 : Unfair treatment

Chapter 19

Later...

Riker POV

It was almost time for bed. I was in my pjs and ready for bed. Jeff was currently in my bed, waiting for me to come back. But I didn't know if I was coming back.

I went to mom and dad's room.

"Mom?"

"What is it, Riker?"

"Please can I sleep in here tonight?"

Mom sighed.

"Come here."

I sat down beside her on the bed.

"I know you're scared, Riker. But you need to learn how to get over these things. It was just a dream, and you're perfectly safe here, honey. Remember when Jeff first came here and he was scared? He relied on you to make him feel better when he was scared. I think you should do the same."

"So I can't sleep here?"

"No, honey."

I frowned. My plan isn't working... And I'm beginning to get ticked off at Jeff. I'm doing exactly what he did! And it's not working out the same for me! It's not fair!

I crossed my arms, got up, and went back to my room. I was very frustrated.

"Twinnie!"

"Go sleep in your own bed."

"But... Why?"

"Because I said so."

Jeff slowly got out of my bed, and got into his own. I shut the light off, and got into my own bed. 

I fell asleep, feeling extremely mad.

Later...

Jeff POV

I was currently curled up with my knees pulled to my chest on the bathroom floor. I wasn't having a freak out. I was crying.

I haven't been able to fall asleep all night because I was too upset. I don't know why Riker made me sleep in my own bed, but I'm really upset about it.

After a little while, I finally calmed down. I was so tired.

I left the bathroom and went to mom and dad's room. And I woke mom up.

"Which kid are you?"

"I'm Jeff," I whimpered.

"What's wrong?"

"Please can I stay here? I'm having a bad night," I said, on the verge of tears again.

"Sure, honey."

I got in bed in between mom and dad. And I snuggled down under the covers.

I immediately felt a lot better because I felt less alone. And I was able to finally fall asleep.

Morning...

Riker POV

When I woke up, Jeff wasn't in the room. I went downstairs because I figured mom was making breakfast. And she was. But Jeff wasn't down there.

"Mom, have you seen Jeff?" I asked.

"He's asleep in my bed, honey."

"Wait, what?"

"He came in late last night, and he was very upset, so I just let him stay."

"Why!? You didn't let me stay!"

"Riker, Jeff has had a very hard life, and he was very scared."

"Who cares!? I was very scared!"

"Riker-"

I stormed up the stairs to mom and dad's room. Sure enough, Jeff was asleep in mom and dad's bed. I shoved him super hard so he fell on the floor.

"Ow! Riker!"

"Shut up! You're the worst brother ever!"

Jeff's eyes filled with tears as he sat up.

"What did I do wrong?" He cried.

I stomped out of the room. But Jeff came running after me. 

When I got to our room, Jeff was right behind me.

"Get away from me!" I screamed.

"But Riker-"

"No!"

I pushed him really hard. He tried to push me back, but I grabbed his hands, and tackled him to the floor. 

"You really think you can fight against me? You a stupid, weak, pathetic excuse for a brother!" I screamed.

I pinned his hands above his head and sat on him so he couldn't move.

"Riker Anthony Lynch! What do you think you're doing!?" Mom yelled.

Jeff started crying really hard.

"Get off of your brother."

I got off and crossed my arms. I was furious.

"What do you think you're doing, young man?" Mom asked.

"Why do you care? Oh right. Because it's Jeff."

I tried to leave the room, but she grabbed my arm. 

"Sit on the bed," mom said.

I rolled my eyes, and sat down. Jeff was still on the floor, crying.

"Why are you acting like this?" Mom asked.

"Because you're treating me unfairly!"

"Riker, you're acting unfairly."

"I don't care! It's not fair!"

I got up and ran out of the room. Tears were burning in my eyes as I ran. I left the house, and ran into the woods in the backyard. I sat down behind a tree, and just cried. 

I knew I was going to be in such big trouble, but I didn't care right now. Nobody is treating me fairly.