Chapter 2

Hailey's p.o.v

I was peacefully sleeping until I was woken up by my dad. Alarms were going off and so were the sprinklers. We grabbed our stuff and got out into the hall. The other end was all filled with smoke. Jasmine jumped from my arms and ran towards the fire. I wasn't going to let her die.

Hailey: Dad Get outside of the building and I will meet you there.

Dad: But Hailey!

Hailey: Dad just go!

My dad started running the opposite way outside. I ran into the hallway where the fire was. I put my shirt over my mouth and nose. Once I saw Jasmine I picked her up and ran to the other hallway. She was only in there for 5 seconds so hopefully she will be ok. I followed the crowd down the fire exit. Once I was outside out of the building I found my dad. He told me told me what the receptionist told him. We were supposed to stay but we said we were leaving and got into the car. We just continued driving to Ohio. We were 8 hours away. It was 6:00 am. I grabbed the handle on the side of my seat and pushed it as far as it would go. I then grabbed my pillow and tried to sleep because in 4 hours I was driving the rest of the way.

( 4 hours later) I woke up and looked at the time. It was 10:00. We stopped somewhere to get breakfast. Once we got back into the car I started to drive. The closer we were the more excited I was. Dad and I were talking. He has a job in Ohio but he hasn't told me where yet.

Dad: So as you know I am a janitor at a school.

Hailey: Yeah.

Dad: I am actually going to be a janitor at your school.

Hailey: Ok.

Dad: Your not mad?

Hailey: why would I be mad? You are my dad. If you didn't have a job we wouldn't be able to live and do what we do here.

Dad: Thanks for understanding.

Hailey: No problem dad.

We finally arrived into Ohio. Now we were just 2 hours away. I turned on the radio and we listened to music. Tomorrow I started school. I have Geography, hopefully glee, Spanish and Parenting. I hope glee club will be good here. He was asking me about what subject I was excited for. I said Glee Club. We were finally in Ohio. We stopped at at McDonald's and got food. Once we finished eating we drove to the apartment complex. There was the u haul that had our things. We got our key and went to our apartment. It was on the first floor. We opened the door to the apartment. We sold a lot of things back in Miami. The apartment came partly furnished. We needed to bring everything in our bedrooms, a couch, coffee table, toaster, microwave, hygiene things, dining table, chairs, lamps and decor. We started with the living room. The movers brought the couch and table in placing it where we asked. We then put the kitchen together. I put the utensils in the drawers and put the entire kitchen together. They then put the bedrooms together. I moved onto the bathroom. We really didn't have many things for the apartment. We would have to go to Ikea. The movers left and we continued to unpack. The kitchen was fully unpacked in half an hour. Now I was doing my bedroom. We hired someone to paint the house before we moved in. I opened the box that had bed written on it. It had my sheets and pillows. I made my bed and moved on the nightstand and desk. Once everything was completely organized I got the things for my dog and finished my room.

 Once everything was completely organized I got the things for my dog and finished my room

As of now entire house was done aside from decor. We had no food so we went to the grocery store. I really liked to cook. My dad is ok but he isn't the best cook. We got into the car and went to the closest grocery store. My dad works from 6 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. So I take the bus. We got to the grocery store and grabbed a cart, we have a budget so we had to stick to it. We got the items on the list and then went to pay. Once we got back to the house dad invited grandma and grandpa over for supper. It was 5:00 so he started preparing supper. We were having lasagna and Caesar salad. I set the table and dad cooked. When I finished setting the table My phone went off. It was my friend Casey from Miami she was face timing me.

Casey: Hey Hails!

Hailey: Hey!

Casey: So how is it in Ohio.

Hailey: It's ok. I miss you!

Casey: I miss you too. So how was the trip there?

Hailey: Well the motel caught on fire at 6:00 in the morning. Jasmine ran toward the fire so I had to go get her. Aside from that it was fine.

Casey: So when can I get the room tour?

Hailey: Now.

I switched the camera around and showed her around the entire house.

Casey: So is there a glee club at your school?

Hailey: Yeah. If we both get to Nationals by the end of the year we will be competing against each other .

Casey: I can't wait until they tell us where Nationals are being held this year.

Hailey: Yeah.

Dad: Hailey your grandparents are here!

Hailey: I have to go I will talk to you later.

Casey: Ok bye!

Hailey: Bye!

I put my phone in my pocket and went out into the living room. I gave my grandparents each a hug.

Grandma: How did you guys get everything done so fast?

Dad: Well you know Hailey. She moves fast.

Grandpa: Your right.

Grandma: So Hailey are you excited for school tomorrow?

Hailey: Yep.

Dad: Supper is almost ready.

I grabbed my dogs food and filled it up some more. I then went to wash my hands. We all sat around the table and begun to eat. Dad was talking to them about his new job. I finished and Jasmine needed to go outside so. I grabbed her leash and took her outside. We have a ok sized backyard so we could take her out there but I just wanted to go on a walk. I decided just to walk down the street so I wouldn't get lost. On my walk I passed a restaurant called Breadsticks. It smelt really good from out here. I then walked by this house. I could see this girl recording herself but I couldn't see what she was doing. I decided to turn around and go back home. At least I figured out where my bus stop is. I went back inside the apartment and started to help with putting the food away. Once we were finished we went into the living room to talk. They decided it was their time to go home. We said goodbye and they left. I still had clothes to put away so I went into my room to do that. I opened a box that had glee written on it. I pulled out everything and later it on my bed. I have the outfits that we wore when we won Sectionals, Regionals and Nationals in. I also won the Individual Show Choir MVP Award. I was usually in the back for the group song but I had a solo at Nationals. I also did a duet with Casey at Sectionals. She was given a solo but didn't want to sing alone. I put my outfits in the back of my closet and my award on my shelf. Our glee club was named The Top Notes. I spent an hour organizing my clothes and picking my clothes out for the first day of school. It was 10:00 so I let my dog out in the back yard. Once she came in I said goodnight to my dad and went to the bathroom. I put my hair up into a messy bun and began to take off my makeup. Once I finished that I brushed my teeth and went to bed.